none
What up with Execute in 2012

Question

• Im using Sql server 2012 on my dev machine (laptop) and when I use the execute function to test out a stored proc, it will not show any results, it only shows the message "Command(s) completed successfully.". If I use my desktop dev machine which is running sql server 2008, I get the results I expect. Did something change in 2012 that would cause this issue or is there some new setting that I'm not aware of. Thanks for any help.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Answers

• I can't think of any version differences that would explain this behavior.  Is the result set returned by the proc conditional?  Perhaps there is different data or sessions settings that cause different behavior.

Dan Guzman, SQL Server MVP, http://www.dbdelta.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:02 PM
  • The Proc may have a condition on which the data volume returned is depending.

In laptop instance , the data would have failed the condition, which is a success in desktop instance.

It should be something with the data not with the version.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:33 PM

All replies

• I can't think of any version differences that would explain this behavior.  Is the result set returned by the proc conditional?  Perhaps there is different data or sessions settings that cause different behavior.

Dan Guzman, SQL Server MVP, http://www.dbdelta.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:02 PM
  • The Proc may have a condition on which the data volume returned is depending.

In laptop instance , the data would have failed the condition, which is a success in desktop instance.

It should be something with the data not with the version.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:33 PM