none
TFS does not chek in all my files

Question

• Hello

Im using Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server 2012. Lately i changed to new computer and now I can't check in all the files to the TFS. This is a huge problem because the server is trying to change my local environment which can cause loss of files. Now i have everything checked out to avoid the server contacting my local environment. The other day i lost my default.cs file because the server changed my local environment. But luckily i had an older file wich i could use.

So what is happening is that i get message your environment is been changed from outside which i Ignore all to avoid loss of files. Im new to tfs.

Does Anyone have a suggestion to solve my problem, please try to deepen? Thank you in advance...

:)

Monday, July 15, 2013 1:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post!

When you perform check-in and check-out, you need to create a workspace to map your local machine to the TFS. When the workspace is created, you can check out files from TFS, you can select which folders or files you want to check out from TFS, when you edit your file, you can perform a check in to TFS, if the file is not modified, then you will not check it in to TFS. If someone else modified the files and check into the TFS, when you check out the latest files from TFS, the files will cover the files in your local machine.

For more information, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181368(v=vs.110).aspx

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:49 AM
  • I tryed this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181384.aspx

But as soon as i come inside the Source Control Explorer is refreshing every ½ second and I can't do anything in there, and its not responding... :(

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:54 AM
  • My Error is:

One or more of the pending changes no longer exists or was modified. The list of pending changes has been refreshed and is now current. Please inspect the list of pending changes and try your operation again.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post!

As the error said, can you see the pending changes in the Source Control?

If you cannot find it, please get the latest pending changes from the TFS.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:56 AM
  • Ok I have same issue now. Im using VS 2012 update 5 and TFS 2012. I have a WPF project and i altered 1 file trying to check in my error is :

One or more of the pending changes no longer exists or was modified. The list of pending changes has been refreshed and is now current. Please inspect the list of pending changes and try your operation again.

This is what I tryed =>

• undo all changes => the source control explorer keeps refreshing
    • I deleted the project from the server and added it from another pc
    • i mapped the project and now is still refreshing
    • I tryed change workspaces
    • I tryed unbind/bind
    • I tryed sidekicks 2012 (deleting the ref.)
    • I tryed check out then check in
    • I tryed google it then i found this thread

The problem only occures on my pc my college works fine?

Please help.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 9:13 AM
  • I found out this is not the only project this is happening...

Please help

• Marked as answer by Simpa151 Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:43 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Simpa151 Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, September 06, 2016 11:03 AM
  • I found solution to this.

I copyed all into tmp folder, and get latest from the server.

I compared all projects and added missing code. I checked in. Now tfs is not refreshing anymore.

Apperently it was wrong mapping in some project. Well tfs does not guide you what is missing of where there is wrong mapping.

• Marked as answer by Simpa151 Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:48 AM
    Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:48 AM