Sample Error - architecture ARM / architecture x64 RRS feed

• Question

• When i run this sample

Media capture using capture device sample

give me the error

"Windows cannot install package Microsoft.VSLibs.11.0.Debug because the package requires architecture ARM, but this computer has architecture x64"

I tried create a new solution with the projects and i tried to changed in solutions properties for x64, the solution compiles but when i run it do not works and give me the error...

Why?

What i'm doing:

I'm trying to change for x64 but it not set! :(

• Edited by saramgsilva Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:45 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:52 PM

Answers

• This worked for me with the C++/C# version of the app when I changed the active solution platform to x64:

--Rob

• Marked as answer by saramgsilva Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:01 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:59 PM

All replies

• I just solved! in the first picture where says configurator manager i changed the Platform and now it works!

When i tried in the windows that you can see in the picture the values did not persisted.

• Edited by saramgsilva Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:59 PM
  • This worked for me with the C++/C# version of the app when I changed the active solution platform to x64:

--Rob

• Marked as answer by saramgsilva Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:01 PM
  • Rob is true, i did not see. Is really need to go there...i only changed in the first windows.
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:01 PM
  • I can't see all of your bitmaps so I'm not sure what exactly you did.

However you get there, you need to make sure both projects are built for the same processor type and that the configuration is valid for the system you are testing on.

--Rob

Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:09 PM
  • ya, i understood....my problem was i changed for x64 and then ok, but after i came back and the settings was in ARM...but if i changed in configuration it works...i changed and the value don't changed back to ARM.

• Edited by saramgsilva Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:20 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:20 PM