none
error c101a006 in in-app purchase

Question

• Hi!

has anybody else found that their in-app purchase code works well (it's working it in two of my games) but once they click the "buy" button they get a c101a006 error? What is the solution to this problem?

I think it's an error in microsoft's side (because the in-app is found and the message is displayed, but you just can't buy it). I've contacted support and I haven't received any answer after 4 days!

thanks,

Kak

Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:05 AM

Answers

• I've been having a look at logs and I have the feeling that the problem appears with in-apps that have no description. At least I can assure that my in-apps without description fail all. This is so sad.
    • Proposed as answer by Joe Luhman Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by KakCAT Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:23 PM
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:40 PM

All replies

• Kak,

I have the same issue.  My app is brand-new in the marketplace, all the products are in the dashboard (and approved), and my app gets the right price.  But when you click 'buy' the purchase fails, and you get the c101a006 error message.

Anyone else know anything?

Friday, January 11, 2013 11:11 PM
  • Hi Joe,

I still haven't received any answer (after 6 days and 3 support requests) so yesterday I decided to experiment by myself. I updated one of the products (the cheapest) and once the update was ready (this night), the purchase could be done!

Right now I'm updating all my in-apps of that game to see if they also start working. It's a bit of a PITA because this bug means that

a) you don't know which items are ok and which are having the problem

b) if you want to know that, you have to purchase every item  (giving microsoft a 30% cut of the purchase for a bug they produced + paying taxes)

Friday, January 11, 2013 11:43 PM
  • KakCAT,

Thanks for sharing the tip.  I've updated my IAP products and I'll let you know if this works for me too.  Did you create your products _before_ the app was published?  I did, thinking that they should be in place so I could test them.  I wonder if that is a commonality which may cause this error?  Just guessing...

Anyway - I'll report back once they've been (re) approved and tested.

Thanks again!

Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:44 AM
  • Hi Joe,

my game was not new (in fact it's at 2.1 now) but I can't remember if I created the in-app before submitting the update or after. What's sure it's that I created the products before the app update was published, but I have another game which also followed the same pattern and it works (at least for some in-apps, what's bothering me it's that I'm not sure if all the in-apps work and they're just not purchased, or they're not working, and I can't confirm it unless I spend a load of cash).

Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:28 AM
  • I've been having a look at logs and I have the feeling that the problem appears with in-apps that have no description. At least I can assure that my in-apps without description fail all. This is so sad.
    • Proposed as answer by Joe Luhman Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by KakCAT Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:23 PM
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Kak,

Your theory aligns with my experience.  I _did not_ have a description on my IAP products, as it was optional, and I felt it unnecessary given they titles of my products.  ANYWAY - as part of re-submitting my products, the _only_ change I made was to add a description.  Now, my IAP products are working.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Kak, I think it's helped me out. 

Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:41 PM
  • i just write my in App Purchase description, but nothing happen. I still shown the error. Anyone can explain technically?
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:39 PM
  • I've been getting this error in my app in-app purchase. First I thought it's just my problem as such errors occur quite often in store and most of people suggested to check MS account details to fix it. I didn't work for me.

After deep googling I found out that it's actually an in-app product problem and no one can purchase it! The above mentioned fix about adding description to the product didn't help me since I already have description.

What actually helped me - is this link:

http://answers.flyppdevportal.com/categories/winphone/wpdevelop.aspx?ID=ad1fcdfc-a964-41d7-a475-8ad6adf70fdf (sorry for some reason I can't make it clickable)

In short, I updated the follow product properties:

1. Removed other languages support (left only default English)

2. Changed type of content to Software download. I assume this caused the problem. Before I had Software as a Service selected.

I published this update and after an hour I could finally buy it.

Monday, May 26, 2014 2:24 AM