All XAP files invalid RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have registered my device (Lumia 920) successfully and have subsequently unlocked it.  Unfortunately, every XAP file that I have downloaded from the Windows Phone Store is unable to deploy on my phone.  The "XAP file is invalid" notice is displayed every time I try and deploy.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris 

Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:07 AM

Answers

• Are you trying to install the XAP files with the XAP Deployment Tool in the developer SDK? That tool only works for developer XAPs built in Visual Studio. It doesn't work for XAPs from the Windows Phone Store.

To install an app from the Windows Phone Store, you must install it directly from the store or from an SD card. Unfortunately the Lumia 920 doesn't have an SD card slot. Installing a Store app is completely independent of whether or not the phone is developer unlocked.

• Marked as answer by Eric Fleck Monday, July 22, 2013 6:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:36 AM

All replies

• Try installing it directly from the store itself. There is an option to launch the installation directly from your PC. It will kick start the download on your phone. This is the option by default, if this fails, it will send you a mail with instruction on how to install it from your phone.

Wasiim Hosenbocus

Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:51 AM
  • Are you trying to install the XAP files with the XAP Deployment Tool in the developer SDK? That tool only works for developer XAPs built in Visual Studio. It doesn't work for XAPs from the Windows Phone Store.

To install an app from the Windows Phone Store, you must install it directly from the store or from an SD card. Unfortunately the Lumia 920 doesn't have an SD card slot. Installing a Store app is completely independent of whether or not the phone is developer unlocked.

• Marked as answer by Eric Fleck Monday, July 22, 2013 6:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:36 AM
  • Dear Sir

I have the same problem discussed above i tried even the non market applications as well but showing the same error...My phone is nokia Lumia 820 having memory card option but still the application not showing on sd card option...what to do?

Monday, December 9, 2013 5:32 PM