none
What does the status "pending certification" mean? RRS feed

• Question

• I have submitted my app, 3 days back, I get the status as pending certification in my dashboard.. Such a status is never listed in the documentation. What does it mean?
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• I submitted my application 4-5 days back. Currently it is showing status pending certification. I search online but I couldnt find any answer except asking in the forum.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:17 AM
  •  Hi Priyank,

It normally takes 4-5 working days for the complete certification process of the app.

After that your app is published and you got a notification about that on your email-id associated with the account .

Thanks

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:23 AM
  • Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:37 AM
  •  Hi ,

It normally takes 4-5 working days for the complete certification process of the app.

From App Signing Stage To Processing stage. 

After that your app is published and you got a notification about that on your email-id associated with the account . 

Thanks

Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:38 AM
  • @ dinesh joshi.. my question is about the implication of the status i got..

prasanna aarthi

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:06 AM
  • @ nguyen u mean to say.. there is a problem when replacing the XAP file?

prasanna aarthi

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Just to reinforce: this also happened to me, for the first time, this week. I did nothing different between this update, and the other tens in the past...

Probably something related to the app service certification during holidays? I'll wait a few more days, or for some answer from MS regarding the "What does it mean" question, hopefully with an answer "You can correct that by..."

Miguel Saraiva

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:27 AM
  •  Hi,

When app is submitted to windows Phone store .It goes through following process.

1. Validation

->Submission started

->Package Verified

->Submission Complete.

2.Certification

->Signed and Encrypted

->Certified

3.Publish

->Ready To Publish

->Published

Thanks

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:38 AM
  •  Hi Priyank,

When app is submitted to windows Phone store .It goes through following process.

1. Validation

->Submission started

->Package Verified

->Submission Complete.

2.Certification

->Signed and Encrypted

->Certified

3.Publish

->Ready To Publish

->Published

and may be your app is in the second stage of Certification

Thanks

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:43 AM
  • @ dinesh Im not asking about the certification process.. I  just need the meaning of status that Im getting.. ..

prasanna aarthi

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:59 AM
  • me too
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:11 PM
  • I do have this issue.  My app status is showing as 'pending certification'. It never appeared like this in my previous app submissions . Does any one know what is this mean?

Update:

Just now I had a conversation with one of the dev center support representative. According to him, it could be a new status added to the list. He told me that, he will review it internally and get back to me. Let see what can be the reason..

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:22 PM
  • me too. this is new status. never see this status before. could someone explain this, it would be better if put the information on sticky
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Hello All,

This is a change in the terminology used due to some changes made in the Dev Center. Pending Certification means your app is in the testing queue and it being tested. There are not changes to the certification process or the time for certification to be completed.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:38 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Eric for the explanation,

I've updated my app on the 2nd of December, and yesterday night, the app went into the Pending Certification. From the log files (available when the tests are made with network on), I can see my app was run and tested this afternoon.

So, I imagine some automated tests are in place before "manual" testing in the pending state... Or the app just sits in a queue for some days waiting to be assigned to someone.

Miguel

Miguel Saraiva

Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:30 PM
  • I had this status appear after 3 days, and was then advised by an email from Microsoft that my app was processing during the outage the other night and that I would "likely have to resubmit".  I cancelled and then resubmit, but still have this status.  Very annoying.

A support representative told me everything looks good though, so I just hope it is processing. :-(

Friday, December 6, 2013 12:45 AM
  • By the way, my app has already passed certification... and it took the normal 3-4 days... the only difference, apparently, was the new terminology, like Eric stated.

Miguel

Miguel Saraiva

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:41 AM
  • Is there an official answer to this? I submitted three apps going on 5 days ago and all are showing "Pending certification" and, according to analytics, none have been launched at all. This is the first time I'm seeing this status and the dev site seemed to be having various issues over the weekend, it would be great to get some public confirmation of what this new status means.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:58 PM