JumpListItemBackgroundConverter and Share Target in Windows Phone 8.1

Question

• I've found a bit of an odd issue related to the JumpListItemBackgroundConverter and JumpListItemForegroundConverter while converting an app from 8.0 to an 8.1 universal app, migrating from the LongListSelector to a Semantic Zoom with ListViews. When you use either of those converters in an App that declares itself as a ShareTarget, the app will hang on the splash screen when activated from a share. I was specifically trying to use WebLink data format, I'm not sure if that matters. I've recreated this on two different test apps now. 

Is this a bug, or are those two converters only available for 8.1 Silverlight apps? Or where have I gone wrong?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new universal app.
    2. Add a share target of format WebLink to the appxmanifest declarations.
    3. Add a new page to point the share contract to.
    4. Add the OnShareTargetActivated code to app.xaml.cs to open the new page.
    5. Add a JumpListItemBackgroundConverter to the resources of the main page of the app. You don't need to apply it to anything, just declaring it is enough to break the sharing.
    6. Go to IE and share a link. It will hang on the splash screen, and the output window shows an error reading "The program '[3532] ShareTargetTest.WindowsPhone.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'."
    Sunday, June 15, 2014 7:11 PM

Answers

All replies