none
Browser support for ClickOnce deployement RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've just been introduced to ClickOnce technology and just started researching on it for an urgent project. I've read through quite a few articles and discussions and made a sample application that I deployed to my localhost and a web site that accepts a query and displays its value.

Problem I'm having is that although it works like a charm on IE and Chrome + FF (with plug ins installed), It keeps throwing errors on Safari & Opera.

On Safari it says that 

• Downloading manifest did not succeed
    • Could not find a part of the path specified

For the local deployed one, and

• Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.

For the version deployed on the web site.

However, when trying to launch the application through Opera it says:

• Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid.

I have read that Opera and Safari support ClickOnce, and the application does seem to run. Are there any special steps I need to do when publishing to support Safari and Opera? I would be very grateful for some help on this as I am really pressed for time as well.

NOTE: my test application is an online-only application.

Thanks!

Thimila

Monday, June 24, 2013 1:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Thimila,

For my understanding, the problem depends on the web browsers. You need to specify the correct MIME type for ClickOnce deployment:

http://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/mime-types-for-clickonce-deployment/

I don't know much about browser settings. But I think you may try the suggestions:

The last reply in this thread is for Opera: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=274642&t=1372230373&page=1#comment2973121

Here is also a suggestion to install ClickOnce extension:

http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/466799/doubt-on-ClickOnce-in-NET

Best regards,

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information for your  convenience. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:37 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Chester.

Going through the links you gave, none of them seem to give an answer to the issue I am having.

The same published application works on IE,FF and Chorme. But on Safari & Opera, when I navigate to the .application url (the same used successfully on IE,FF,Chrome) the "Verifying application requirements..." loading window for clickonce will open and at the end of it I will get a failed message and the errors I described above in a log file. So the issue seems to be that Safari/Opera are not downloading the components of the application completely.

Is this

• Safari/Opera do not support click once
    • Safari/Opera need a plugin to run click once (like FF and Chrome)
    • a known issue with Safari/Opera
    • need to change settings in my application to support Safari/Opera
    • other

Thanks!

Regards,

Thimila

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

I got it to work on Opera by registering the MIME type on it manually. Thanks for the link to the post.

Unfortunately, I still couldn't get it to work on Safari. I couldn't find any plugins or a way to register the MIME type manually. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Thimila

Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:50 PM