none
Keyboard shortcut to show intellisense context-menu RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2008 Professional, and programming in C#.  I already have a keyboard shortcut set up for View.ShowSmartTag.  The problem with that feature is that it only works if I have the small, colored underline thing under the current word.

For example, if I start typing a word, the intellisense context menu appears.  However, if I press anything that makes it go away, like Escape, then the only way to get it back is to delete the word and start typing again.  Is there a way to bring up the intellisense context menu regardless of whether the little underline thing is there or not?  Or is there an easier way to bring it back than deleting the word and starting it over?

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi nispio,

If you use Visual C# keyboard schema, then CTRL+SPACEBAR will show the Intellisense context menu.

Please "Mark as Answer" if this post answers your question.
    Ferry Meidianto | My Blog
    • Proposed as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 17, 2010 10:31 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by nispio Monday, May 17, 2010 1:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by nispio Monday, May 17, 2010 2:00 PM
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 2:44 PM
  • If you use Visual C# keyboard schema, then CTRL+SPACEBAR will show the Intellisense context menu.

Just in case anyone else finds this thread looking for the same answer, CTRL+SPACEBAR is bound to Edit.CompleteWord in the Visual C# keyboard schema.  Thanks for the tip, Ferry!
    Monday, May 17, 2010 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi nispio,

If you use Visual C# keyboard schema, then CTRL+SPACEBAR will show the Intellisense context menu.

Please "Mark as Answer" if this post answers your question.
    Ferry Meidianto | My Blog
    • Proposed as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 17, 2010 10:31 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by nispio Monday, May 17, 2010 1:56 PM
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 2:44 PM
  • If you use Visual C# keyboard schema, then CTRL+SPACEBAR will show the Intellisense context menu.

Just in case anyone else finds this thread looking for the same answer, CTRL+SPACEBAR is bound to Edit.CompleteWord in the Visual C# keyboard schema.  Thanks for the tip, Ferry!
    Monday, May 17, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Also in VS2010, if you would like to see the little popup for seeing what each value does eg:

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(), "MyServerCall", callbackScript, True)

To see what the "MyServerCall" is for, highlight it and press CTRL + SHIFT + Spacebar to bring up the description.

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:28 AM