Getting #Error value in ssrs reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a dataset with fields "LastRunBuild" and "project" .The  LastRunBuild field contain string of data seperated by commas according to each project. But Some Projects have no value in LastRunBuild field.When i am using this expression

" iif(Fields!LastRunBuild.Value=nothing,

nothing,Split(Fields!LastRunBuild.Value,",").GetValue(3)) "

a #Error value  returns  every time. Please reply...

Thanks,

Deepz.

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:41 AM

Answers

• Have a look at the Output window, it should give you more details on the error.

Also note that GetValue is zero-based so GetValue(3) would give you the fourth value from the array.

MCITP SQL Server 2008 (DEV); MCTS SQL Server 2008 (BI, DEV & DBA)

• Edited by Valentino Vranken Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:51 AM corrected error (said "third", meant "fourth")
    • Marked as answer by Fanny Liu Monday, December 17, 2012 10:57 AM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 1:26 PM
  • Hi Deepz,

If you get the following warning message: Index was outside the bounds of the array. The issue may be caused the total number of the data in the “LastRunBulid” field is less than three.

Based on my test, the GetValue(3) will return the forth data from the array. Please verify the max number of data in this field. If you want to get the third data, try to use GetValue(2) in the expression.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:01 AM

All replies

• Have a look at the Output window, it should give you more details on the error.

Also note that GetValue is zero-based so GetValue(3) would give you the fourth value from the array.

• Edited by Valentino Vranken Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:51 AM corrected error (said "third", meant "fourth")
    Monday, December 10, 2012 1:26 PM
  • Hi Deepz,

If you get the following warning message: Index was outside the bounds of the array. The issue may be caused the total number of the data in the “LastRunBulid” field is less than three.

Based on my test, the GetValue(3) will return the forth data from the array. Please verify the max number of data in this field. If you want to get the third data, try to use GetValue(2) in the expression.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:01 AM
  • Hi both,

Sorry for my confusing reply, I actually meant "fourth" when I typed "third". Corrected now...

Valentino.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:53 AM
  • Hello,

for possible reason go to this link  http://www.bi-rootdata.com/2012/09/errornan-error-input-string-was-not-in_28.html

blog:My Blog/

Hope this will help you !!!
    Sanjeewan

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:57 AM