none
An OLE DB error has occurred. Login failed for user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I am setting up my first SSIS package and have no problem debugging in BIDS, i.e. Package runs from end to end without any errors.  However, when I schedule the job in the SQL Server Agent, it fails at what seems to be the login to the source server.  A section of the error text as below:-

Code: 0xC0202009     Source: Package1 Connection manager "SourceConnectionOLEDB"     Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E4D.  An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0"  Hresult: 0x80040E4D  Description: "Login failed for user 'tsmreports'.".  End Error  Error: 2010-09-09 13:52:01.38     Code: 0xC020801C     Source: Data Flow Task 1 Source - AccountPeriod [1]     Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "SourceConnectionOLEDB" failed with error code 0xC0202009.

Whilst the package has the user id and password for the Source saved within it, do I need to set up a separate connection string in say a variable and execute this as part of the package?  If so how do I do this?

Cheers,

Niven

Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you migrating package from different to location, try this option

Just set protection level of package to "EncryptAllWithPassword" and give some password this should fix the problem

Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Are you using package configuration?

If not I would advise you to use one and set up the package configuration and set the package protection level to "DontSaveSensitive"

Sudeep's Domain   Tweet me..
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Are you using package configuration?

If not I would advise you to use one and set up the package configuration and set the package protection level to "DontSaveSensitive"

Sudeep's Domain   Tweet me..

I tried using package config files without dontsavesensitive. But, I still get that error. What could the cause be ?

Saturday, November 9, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Hello Sudeep,
    Can you help me with same error?

Att,

Rafael Marvila

Rafael Marvila IT Profissional

Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:07 PM