none
Unlink master page from master html (and delete it)

Question

• I have mistakenly created copy of default "oslo.master" in sharepoint designer 2013. How can I remove the link which doesn't allow me to delete this page, edit it or check in?
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:21 PM

Answers

• you can copy the oslo.html in SharePoint desginer 2013 too, and the copied .html  will be in association with the copied .master file. you can then removed the association between them.

To break the association between the HTML file and the .master file, in Design Manager, choose Edit Properties for the HTML file, and then clear the Associated File check box.

Friday, January 11, 2013 3:25 AM

All replies

• you can copy the oslo.html in SharePoint desginer 2013 too, and the copied .html  will be in association with the copied .master file. you can then removed the association between them.

To break the association between the HTML file and the .master file, in Design Manager, choose Edit Properties for the HTML file, and then clear the Associated File check box.

Friday, January 11, 2013 3:25 AM
  • Okay, that made html-file "not assosiated". But both master files still are assosiated. Html is published after change.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 7:01 AM
  • The copied .html file should have the same file name as the copied .master file, except the different file extention. Please ensure this. Change the copied .html file name otherwise.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Thank you! That worked.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Rather than removing as a whole go to each element in the masterpage (test.master, css, js, fonts, images etc) right click them and click unpublish this version and later try to delete each element. The tricky part here is first remove all other files and then finally the font files (if any).
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:51 AM