iOS app rejected due to log-in web view

Question

• My iOS app "CloudMusic for SkyDrive" utilizes LiveConnect SDK for iOS to stream user's audio content to iDevice.  I have a "Sign In" button that invokes LiveConnectClient "login" method which shows Windows Live sign-in page in UIWebView.   The app was rejected by Apple review team saying that "the log in interface must be native and not a link or a web view."  Is there any other way to login to SkyDrive?
    Monday, October 22, 2012 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi there -- thank you for reporting this issue, it is being investigated.  Is this the actual text of the message from Apple?   If not, can you provide the actual text?
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:48 PM
  • Hi JOshiro,

Yes, that's the actual text.  In addition, Apple's review team also pointed out the rule violated as below:

11.13 Apps that link to external mechanisms for purchases or subscriptions to be used in the app, such as a “buy" button that goes to a web site to purchase a digital book, will be rejected

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:16 PM
  • Thanks -- did they mention any other rules that were violated, or was this the only one?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Thanks for your help.  "11.13" is the only rule mentioned.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hi, we are aware of this rule.  Microsoft is in active discussion with Apple on this issue.  However, there is no ETA on the resolution timeline at this point.  I've put this on our Known Issue post and will update back as soon as we have a resolution.

Shelly Guo - MSFT

Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:30 PM
    Owner
  • On this issue there are news?

Also my app has been rejected by apple for the same problem, there's now an alternative to login to SkyDrive from iOS?

Thanks and goodbye

Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:36 AM
  • I face with this problem today. My application was rejected by Apple.

Rule violated:

11.13: Apps that link to external mechanisms for purchases or subscriptions to be used in the app, such as a “buy" button that goes to a web site to purchase a digital book, will be rejected.

The user is able to sign up for a new SkyDrive account. It would be appropriate to you the SkyDrive api which omits the sign up link. Please see the attached screenshot/s for more information.

Is there any news from Microsoft about this?

Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:18 PM