none
Data Points - DDD-Friendlier EF Core 2.0, Part 2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Julie Lerman continues her discussion of EF Core 2.0 features that align nicely with Domain-Driven Design (DDD) principles, this time evolving the classes to look more like what you’d write for a real-world implementation of DDD patterns.

Read this article in the October 2017 issue of MSDN Magazine

Monday, October 2, 2017 6:12 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I am trying to download the code samples for the article, but they cannot be found. Can you check the link?
    Monday, October 9, 2017 4:41 PM
  • The magazine links seem to be there now (top of the page). Also my GitHub repo is at https://github.com/julielerman/EFCore2DDD. The master branch is empty. You'll find the code for the September article in the SimplerPatterns branch and from this article, AdvancedPatternsWithGuids branch.

Julie Lerman, Author of Programming Entity Framework, MVP

Monday, October 23, 2017 7:19 PM
    Answerer
  • I don't really understand the link in the Entrance and Quote classes between SamuraiGuidId and the private FK to the Samurai table.

How is EF able to apply the correct foreign key from Quote to Samurai?
    By the fact that is is located in the collection of quotes on the samurai itself?

If this is the case, why would we still need the samurai Guid identifier in the Quote class?
    If this is not the case, how does EF know which FK to apply to the new Quote row in the database?

Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:38 AM