none
Azure - Inside the Azure App Service Architecture RRS feed

• General discussion

• Azure App Service is a rich Platform-as-a-Service that enables Web, mobile and API applications to scale to global levels with minimal complexity. Learn how applications map to App Service scale units and how applications run within the App Service infrastructure.

Read this article in the February 2017 issue of MSDN Magazine

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:27 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Can someone confirm the System.Net.ServicePointManager.DefaultConnectionLimit is really set to 2? I think on Azure PaaS, running .net 4.5, it's set to Int.MaxValue. Which is it? How can I really confirm it?
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Just confirmed using this code:

<%@Page Language="C#" %>

<%= System.Net.ServicePointManager.DefaultConnectionLimit %>

It's int.MaxValue

--Dmitry

Friday, March 3, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

I have Azure Function App running under dynamic consumption based plan. Inside my function app, I have functions which communicate with the MS SQL server database which is located at AWS windows VM(EC2 Instance).

As we are running under dynamic consumption plan, we do note have a specific/static set of IP address to white-list on MS SQL DB server. So as per Microsoft azure recommendation, we have to white-list the whole IP ranges of the data-center of my Azure function app hosting location.

But, In AWS we have limit to add number of inbound security rules, which is less than the number of IP address ranges we have available for Azure East US region data-center.

Is there anyway we can identify the IP addresses my Azure function will utilize for outbound connection ?

If No, than how to identify the data-center IP address ranges to white-list for the Azure functions ? It is not possible to white-list all the IP Address ranges of East US data-center( Having more than 400 subnet IP addresses)

Also If I only white-list the outbound IP addresses of all the Scale Units of East US data-center instead of whole data-center IP subnet ranges will work for SQL connection ?

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:25 AM