none
Universal Windows Platform - Building Connected Apps with UWP and Project Rome RRS feed

• General discussion

• Project Rome is an initiative to help you drive user engagement across apps and devices. Tony Champion demonstrates how to take advantage of the capabilities of Project Rome by building a team messaging app.

Read this article in the May 2018 issue of MSDN Magazine

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:55 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hey!

I have read the artice and tried the sample application to see if it works for my own project, which is to control a uwp app on a raspberry pi 3 with xamarin, or android app, but so far, i can't seem to discover it yet. I have tried to run the application on the raspberry pi, and on a local computer (x86) on the same network, with bluetooth turned on, but they can't find each other. Is there anything i'm missing? i have enabled Share accross devices to 'Everyone nearby' on the local computer, but of course there is no such setting on the raspberry pi. I guess this sample could be a good start for the project, what do you think?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by Windyzje Friday, September 14, 2018 11:19 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2018 10:56 PM
  • Have you tried deploying the TeamMessenger from the article: https://github.com/TonyChampion/TeamMessenger.  I have deployed it to Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and 3 with no issues.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:49 PM
  • In  the RemoteSessionManager.cs file there is an enum called SessionCreationResult and one of the values is TooManySessions.  My question is how many sessions are supported.  I do not see any documentation.

Thanks!

Sean Gahan

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:54 PM