Designing of robot of cylindrical shape. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using MSDN 2008 R3,installed in XP operating system  using vpl for designing a robot of self specified dimension. I need to design a robot of cylindrical shape in a very small dimension, but can't able to design. I need to design an environment of viscous medium in which this small shape cylindrical robot travel using obstacle avoidance.

Please any one can guide me to design a robot of cylindrical shape of self specified dimension or may be of very small size.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 30, 2011 3:43 PM

Answers

1. It appears that you really want a 2D simulation as opposed to 3D.  Is that true?
    2. Creating a 2D or 3D network of blood vessels "tubes" is possible I suppose, but would be quite difficult using the RDS simulation environment.
    3. The simulation environment has no concept of viscocity.
    4. I don't see how a concurrency and coordination runtime will help you with your simulation.  It's main purpose is to coordinate input and communication with multiple sensors/actuators/motors/etc.
    5. If you already have an application that visualizes the blood vessels I would use that at my "front-end" and you could use RDS services as the back-end for things like updating location and decision making.

It looks like you have a lot of thinking to do about your problem. This forum is better suited to answering specific questions about RDS and it's features.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:10 AM

All replies

• The RDS simulator does not have a cylinder as a primitive entity type. It does have a capsule, which has rounded ends.

There is no concept of viscosity in the RDS simulator, just friction with the ground.

Trevor

Monday, January 2, 2012 12:53 AM
  • Thx for your reply.

Perhaps I was trying to design a capsule with rounded end as a primitive entity. I got able to add this entity in my RDS simulator.

Now I want to move this capsule in a pipe like structured path with multiple branches from source to a destination. Perhaps the destination is the point where the capsule gets the path block.

Please guide me how to add this environment to the entity.

I am attaching the screen shot of the image that I am trying to do.

Thanks in advance

Waiting for your reply.

• Proposed as answer by Gershon Parent Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Gershon Parent Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:10 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:18 PM
    1. It appears that you really want a 2D simulation as opposed to 3D.  Is that true?
    2. Creating a 2D or 3D network of blood vessels "tubes" is possible I suppose, but would be quite difficult using the RDS simulation environment.
    3. The simulation environment has no concept of viscocity.
    4. I don't see how a concurrency and coordination runtime will help you with your simulation.  It's main purpose is to coordinate input and communication with multiple sensors/actuators/motors/etc.
    5. If you already have an application that visualizes the blood vessels I would use that at my "front-end" and you could use RDS services as the back-end for things like updating location and decision making.

It looks like you have a lot of thinking to do about your problem. This forum is better suited to answering specific questions about RDS and it's features.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:10 AM