none
SSRS Report using dataset RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I read in one of the article that data from DataMarket dataset can be displayed in PowerPivot and SSRS report. PowerPivot is just fine as it is coming as one of the type in Service Explorer. How to integrate the dataset with SSRS report? How to consume data within SSRS from DataMarket dataset?

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Suman,

DataMarket api returns dataset in OData format, so you may try use Xml connection to access the odata, please refer this article

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220468.aspx

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Suman Sundar Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Suman Sundar Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:47 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:49 AM
  • Hi Suman,

There is currently no out of box support for OData in SSRS.

You may try the work around provided by Mog.

Thanks,

Max

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:01 AM
  • Hi Suman,

There is currently no out of box support for OData in SSRS.

You may try the work around provided by Mog.

Thanks,

Max

Is there any work planned on this area in the roadmap? Also whether DataMarket supports private datasets? When I say Private Data set I mean only set of users can subscribe to the data set.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:49 AM
  • Thanks Mog, but...

How can we run the query (XML) from SSRS? Due I have my credentials in Datamarket but xML Data provider in SSRS only supports Windows or Anonymous authentication, and if I choose Anonymous ("Do not use credentials" when setting the Datasource Credentials) the execution of the XML Query always returns an error of authentication:

<h2>401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.</h2>

<h3>You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.</h3>

My Connection String is:

https://api.datamarket.azure.com/Data.ashx/UnitedNations/Industry/DataSeries?$top=100

My Query is:

<Query>
      <ElementPath IgnoreNamespaces="true">
        feed{}/entry{}/content{}/properties
      </ElementPath>
    </Query>

So, again How can I stablish this XML connection with Datamarket? Is it possible to pass the datase in SSRS my account key (DataMarket)?

Thanks again,

Maick · augurarte :: Albacete · Spain : Guia practica Expression Web, Anaya Multimedia
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 1:11 PM