none
Mobile Services Scheduler Bug

Question

• Hi,

it seems there is a bug in scheduler. Although I've updated my task and I see the updated script via web, the old script version is running. Also when I removed the scheduled script and created a new one with different name, I get this error:

The job named 'email' could not be found. Please make sure a job with this name exists. If you contact a support representative please include this correlation identifier: dec5d567-3acb-a22f-a0e5-f3ca42b4875d, the time of error: 2014-06-12 10:14:47Z, and the error id: ZE9.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Lukas --

We're looking into what causes this and hope to have a resolution in the near future. In the meantime, if you run into this, can you try one of these solutions:

1. In the portal, select your mobile service, select the configure tab, change ENABLE DYNAMIC SCHEMA and save the change. Then you can put it back to the original setting and save it again.
    2. If you use the Azure CLI, issue the command: azure mobile restart <servicename>

Ultimately we're trying to force a restart of your service so it picks up your changes. Both of these should accomplish that. Let me know if neither of these work and I can investigate further.

Brett Samblanet -- Windows Azure Mobile Services

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Lukas --

We're looking into what causes this and hope to have a resolution in the near future. In the meantime, if you run into this, can you try one of these solutions:

1. In the portal, select your mobile service, select the configure tab, change ENABLE DYNAMIC SCHEMA and save the change. Then you can put it back to the original setting and save it again.
    2. If you use the Azure CLI, issue the command: azure mobile restart <servicename>

Ultimately we're trying to force a restart of your service so it picks up your changes. Both of these should accomplish that. Let me know if neither of these work and I can investigate further.

Brett Samblanet -- Windows Azure Mobile Services

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Thanks - that helped. Although only the first one - the second option ended with the following error:

Fri Jun 13 2014 11:42:10 GMT+0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time):
    { Message: 'The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request.',
      Code: 'InternalError',
      toString: [Function],
      __frame: 
       { name: '__8',
         line: 1664,
         file: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows Azure\\CLI\\lib\\commands\\mobile.js',
         prev: undefined,
         active: false,
         offset: 6,
         col: 21 },
      rawStack: [Getter],
      stack: [Getter] }
    raw stack unavailable
        at __8 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Azure\CLI\lib\commands\mobile.js:1670:21)

Friday, June 13, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Hey Brett,

Any update on this? The first step works for me, but I have to do it every time I update a scheduler script at the moment.

Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:08 PM