none
Monitoring Schema size in sql azure

Question

• Hello

We have a application like Online Forms, and in that application we give Storage Capacity to users.

In that customer create forms and for that form we create a dynamic table and customer code is a table schema name.

So My task is to monitoring storage capacity schema wise, i don't want at every Add/Update request i check schema size then allow user to enter data. i want some kind of job or scheduler.

What is a best to do this, SQL Jobs, Trigger, Azure Scheduler, or any other etc....

Thanks in Advance

Manish K. Bhalodi

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Manish - the Azure Automation Service provides a very powerful and flexible PowerShell execution framework (with a scheduler) that will enable you to perform the tasks described above (and many, many more).  Azure Automation is integrated in the Azure Management portal and pre-populated with the Azure PowerShell cmdlets, you can sign-up for the preview service here.
    • Marked as answer by Manish082007 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:32 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Manish - the Azure Automation Service provides a very powerful and flexible PowerShell execution framework (with a scheduler) that will enable you to perform the tasks described above (and many, many more).  Azure Automation is integrated in the Azure Management portal and pre-populated with the Azure PowerShell cmdlets, you can sign-up for the preview service here.
    • Marked as answer by Manish082007 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:32 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Thanks Joseph for giving reply

Your answer help me a lot....

Thanks again, Great job

Manish K. Bhalodi

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:34 AM
  • Hi Manish, I recently wrote a blog and corresponding PowerShell runbook that addresses a similar scenario to the one you described above, please check out the article here.  Your feedback would be greatly welcome.
    Friday, June 27, 2014 2:31 PM