Active Directory hosted in a Virtual Machine in Windows Azure - Office 365 integration for authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My question is about integration between Office 365 and Active Directory hosted in a Virtual Machine on Windows Azure.

I know that I can to create a VPN between my local organization and Windows Azure, than I can install a Active Diretory Replica (Domain Controller Replica) in a Virtual Machine in Windows Azure to replicate objects from my local Active Directory to Domain Controller hosted in a Virtual Machine in Windows Azure.

My question is: Can I setup Office 365 to use the Active Directory hosted in a Virtual Machine in Windows Azure for user authentication?

Thanks!

--

Alexandre Smialoski

Alexandre Smialoski

Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Answers

• Yes you can. However you will need to setup an ADFS server on a windows azure vm as well. You will then need to connect the ADFS to your Office 365 account. (Basically you need to implement SSO)

Take a look at this article MSDN Article on SSO

Just keep in mind that you need to setup the ad and adfs server in azure vm's.

I am already doing this for a client and know it works. 

--Sean

--Sean

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:52 PM

All replies

• Yes you can. However you will need to setup an ADFS server on a windows azure vm as well. You will then need to connect the ADFS to your Office 365 account. (Basically you need to implement SSO)

Take a look at this article MSDN Article on SSO

Just keep in mind that you need to setup the ad and adfs server in azure vm's.

I am already doing this for a client and know it works. 

--Sean

--Sean

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:52 PM
  • Thank you, Sean!

Alexandre Smialoski

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:36 AM