none
LINK : fatal error LNK1201: error writing to program database E:/XXXXXXXX check for insufficient disk space, invalid path, or insufficient privilege RRS feed

• 問題

• I think  the question is similar with
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/03653dd3-83c2-460c-9394-9c176323391c/link-fatal-error-lnk1201-error-writing-to-program-database?forum=vclanguage
    but the question actual not be solved , just mark answered.

"we" have same problem, but maybe i have more info. 

This is our situation with vc2013 update3rc install on win7pro SP1.

Recently our team member face this problem one by one, and finally its my turn.

The same thing we do is, if someone add a file to project(different pc different file),then error happen, but remove file everything ok.

Look like we hit some size limit, but I search it on google , pdb file limit is 1G.

We work on this project few month. this problem just pop recently.
    my pdb size is 354MB.
    and also have a vc120.pdb size 282MB.
    the error project have 279 .cpp .c .h file.

2014年11月17日 上午 02:43

解答

• It is hard to tell if your project file is corrupt or not.

You could try to create new project, and then try to add new files into the new project. If it allows you add new file to new project, then 99% that your old project file is corrupt.

大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝!
    MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCPD,
    MCT, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK),
    Microsoft MVP for VB.NET since 2003
    My MSMVP Blog

請記得將對您有幫助的回覆標示為解答以幫助其他尋找解答及參與社群討論的朋友們。
    Please remember to clickMark as Answer on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• 已標示為解答 Jiapon 2014年11月20日 上午 06:45
    2014年11月18日 上午 01:29

所有回覆

• have a look on the following link,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ccdcse4s.aspx

One of the reason is: File is corrupt.

Try to create another project and copy and paste the same files into the new created project. Or you could also try to create new project and add new file in order to see if it is VS problem or the other reason.

大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝!
    My MSMVP Blog

Please remember to clickMark as Answer on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2014年11月17日 上午 03:16
  • 有的 這篇我有看一下 並試著用/Zm1000加大 或者移除/Zm選項去編譯 
    仍然沒有辦法解決

而team已經遭遇這個問題幾天了, 明白的訊息當然也試過了
    我列舉一下
    比如檢查權限 
    檢查剩餘磁碟大小 
    是否有其它process lock住檔案 
    刪掉整個debug目錄重產
    查看是否是特定檔案才會發生

而team裡是每個人加不特定檔案都會發生, 所以應該可以排除特定個人硬體問題

• 已編輯 Jiapon 2014年11月17日 上午 05:49
    2014年11月17日 上午 05:28
  • Try to create another project and copy and paste the same files into the new created project. Or you could also try to create new project and add new file in order to see if it is VS problem or the other reason.

Did you try this? What is the result?

大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝!
    My MSMVP Blog

2014年11月17日 上午 06:24
  • you mean create a new project and and paste the 279 file one by one?and compile
    when each paste?

too me its a lot work. maybe i will try on weekend@@ each paste should take care dependency with other file. 

2014年11月17日 上午 11:09
  • It is hard to tell if your project file is corrupt or not.

You could try to create new project, and then try to add new files into the new project. If it allows you add new file to new project, then 99% that your old project file is corrupt.

大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝!
    My MSMVP Blog

• 已標示為解答 Jiapon 2014年11月20日 上午 06:45
    2014年11月18日 上午 01:29
  • if remove file ok, but add file fail, the problem could be insufficient disk space
    2014年11月20日 上午 06:21
  • thanks for help and suggestions, but really can't work , and as i mention, disk space or some google solution checked several times , now we use Z7 compile option to tempererily pass this problem, but this situation should not happen, actually not solved :(
    • 已編輯 Jiapon 2014年11月20日 上午 06:47
    2014年11月20日 上午 06:45