none
Migrate Win 8.1 Update Issue: Modern app with background task was shutdown when put to background RRS feed

• 问题

• my pc automatically update to Windows 8.1 Update, after that, my application fails to live in the background as long as it suspends by system.

Details:

My app uses background task to do some data-transfer when my modern app are putted into background, it was a windows 8 program, but it works well on Windows 8 & Windows 8.1;

But when my os update to "Windows 8.1 Update", once I put my modern app into background, the app was soon shutdown.

I simulate this process using Visual Studio, and use 'Suspend' to put my app into suspend state, and the "OnSuspending" was sucessfully handle, but then the program was soon shutdown.

But no exeption or error pop-up for me to debug.

So, is there any changes in Windows 8.1 Update ? Do I have to change my code to fit the os changes ?

Thanks so much.

programmer

2014年4月16日 4:15

答案

• Hi Strongpan,

我在win8.1 update1 的机子上做了测试,使用的例子是Background Task Sample,并没有发现你提到的问题。程序还是正常运行并没有出现被关闭的情况。我认为可能是你环境的问题,关于Windows 8.1 Update,并没有对系统BackgroundTask做出大修改的文档说明。

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

2014年4月23日 7:01
    版主

全部回复

• Hi Strongpan,

Thank you for feedback, but I need time to repro this issue and plz be patient :)

As I know you do not need to change your code if your code works good with pervious system, it might be a system issue but now I cannot confirm, I will update you if it is a bug or not.

Thanks again.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

2014年4月17日 7:28
    版主
  • Hi Strongpan,

我在win8.1 update1 的机子上做了测试,使用的例子是Background Task Sample,并没有发现你提到的问题。程序还是正常运行并没有出现被关闭的情况。我认为可能是你环境的问题,关于Windows 8.1 Update,并没有对系统BackgroundTask做出大修改的文档说明。

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

2014年4月23日 7:01
    版主