none
Why the Win32 location API could not work on Windows 10 but work well on Win8.1 RRS feed

• 问题

• I want to used the Win32 location API in a APP to start and stop the GPS session and it work well on Windows 8.1 . When the  APP call the Win32 location API, Windwos will notify my Sensor GNSS driver to start/ stop the GPS session. but it could not work on Windows 10. Does anyone know that is the windows 10 still support the Win32 Location API? 
    2017年8月3日 8:53

全部回复

• you could make the program run as windows xp mode, right click the exe, choose property dialog, in the second tab,choose compatibility

专注于.NET ERP/CRM开发框架,C/S架构,SQL Server + ORM(LLBL Gen Pro) + Infragistics WinForms

2017年8月4日 0:25
  • Hi Warren Yu,

thanks for posting here.

>>I want to used the Win32 location API in a APP to start and stop the GPS session and it work well on Windows 8.1 . When the  APP call the Win32 location API, Windwos will notify my Sensor GNSS driver to start/ stop the GPS session. but it could not work on Windows 10. Does anyone know that is the windows 10 still support the Win32 Location API? 

Could you please provide more information about your issue? Do you get any error information when you use location API in Win10?

According to this document, the Win32 Location API and is available for use in the operating systems specified in the Requirements section. It may be altered or unavailable in subsequent versions. Instead, use the Windows.Devices.Geolocation API. To access location from a website, use the W3C Geolocation API. But it doesn't exactly say Win10 has separated it.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

• 已建议为答案 Baron Bi 2017年8月28日 7:09
    2017年8月4日 6:17