none
Question about Visual C# express connecting SQL 2008 express RRS feed

• 问题

•  

Dear all :

Morning, I meet a problem , When I downloaded VS2008ExpressWithSP1ENUX1504728.iso(include visual 2008 express and sql 2008 express ) file and installed in my pc, I can use the visual C# express connecting SQL 2008 express. For no SQL 2008 management studio basic tools , I uninstalled all of SQL 2008 program and componets, except visual C# express.  ok , I spent more time download SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe(SQL 2008 express with advance tools version ) and intall it in my pc. In installation time, I have changed default SQL 2008 instance name and instance ID to sql2008 , the default instance name and instance ID is sqlexpress , all of installation completed in no any errors.  When I open the visual C# express connecting SQL 2008 express. the connection failed,

Error notes:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to sql server, The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured to allow remote connections. ( provider : sql network interfaces, error : 26 -error locating server/ instance specified)

one way for solution : When the problem appears, I have recheck the sql network configurations ,and enabled TCP/IP and Pipe Name support. but , the question is still standing here.

two way for solution : I have used .net framework data provider for SQL server connection, so I check this connection's properties and find Source property item "Data Source = .\SQLEXPRESS". I guessed problem is here, the instance name and ID is not default, but no way to change . Sad

Thanks for your listen my complainer, Could you help me Thanks.

contact email and MSN ID : beyondt_me@yahoo.com.cn

QQ ID : 965479770

2008年12月13日 3:22

答案

• 你好!
       是你修改了默认的实例名称导致的连接问题!
       这样试试看:
       菜单-》工具-》选项-》勾选左下角的“显示所有设置”-》数据库工具-》数据连接-》修改Sql Server实例名称为你自己定义的名称。
    2008年12月13日 5:21
    版主

全部回复

• 你好!
       是你修改了默认的实例名称导致的连接问题!
       这样试试看:
       菜单-》工具-》选项-》勾选左下角的“显示所有设置”-》数据库工具-》数据连接-》修改Sql Server实例名称为你自己定义的名称。
    2008年12月13日 5:21
    版主
  •  

Jesus, Thanks. oh yeah. it's working normal. you are super man. ok , I will upgrade my personal project.

support original software  .

2008年12月13日 5:28
  • 不必客气啊!大家互相交流学习!
    2008年12月13日 5:33
    版主