none
Favicons missing in Production URL IE (7, 8 & 9) RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi All,

Favicons are coming up in local environment but not coming up in Live environment for all versions of IE (7, 8 & 9).

Check the attached file.

by the way the code i'm using in master pages to bind favicon is here.

<link rel="icon" href="App_Themes/Generic/Images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Thank You,
    Jaleel Ahmed

2012年3月31日 9:36

答案

全部回复

• Hi,

It is probably that Internet Explorer didn't send request to favicon.ico due to visited history. You can clear the history in Internet Options of Internet Explorer, then test again. If your problem persists, please update here.

As this is a Chinese forum, it is recommended that post you question in Chinese, it will be convenience for more community members discussing this issue. Thanks. 由于这里是中文论坛,请使用中文方便大家讨论,谢谢。

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2012年4月3日 3:42
    版主
  • Hi LeoTang,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried removing caches and temp files and clearing the History, but that did not solve the problem.

Also, can you tell me under which forum i can post my issue so that I can get help. As I see this is the only Category I see which is related to IE issues.

Thank You, Jaleel Ahmed
    2012年4月3日 9:56
  • Hi,

I'd suggest you run Fiddler or use F12 developer tool in IE9, capture the client requests to see if the request to favicon.ico is correct.

As this is ASP.NET development related issue, you can open a thread at ASP.NET forum.

http://forums.asp.net/

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2012年4月5日 1:09
    版主