none
MSSQL SERVER2008群集中的 MSDTC有什么用,一定要装吗? RRS feed

• 问题

• MSSQL SERVER2008  R2群集中的 MSDTC配置时还要占一个IP资源,在实际中,好象不配置MSTDC照样可以完成群集部署,只是不清楚会不会有什么弊端,那么这个资源到底是要装还是不要装呢?以前sql 2000, sql2005好象都和msdtd有点关系,不装也能完成群集部署,如不装会有什么影响群集功能吗?
    2015年11月19日 7:52

答案

• 还是说如果我们跳过去不部署mstdc,会在其它方面使用上受到影响?

Yes, you got it. If you are installing only the Database Engine, the MSDTC cluster resource is not required. If you are installing SSIS, Workstation Components, or if you will use distributed transactions, you must install MSDTC.

想不想时已是想,不如不想都不想。

2015年11月20日 12:57
    版主
  • Do I Need to Cluster MSDTC after SQL installation?

• With Windows 2008 Failover cluster and later you do not need to cluster MSDTC to utilize the functionality of the MSDTC service. This is because MSDTC was re-designed in Windows 2008 and unlike Windows 2003 if Windows Failover Cluster was installed you had to cluster MSDTC. This is no longer the case when using Windows 2008, since by default MSDTC service is running locally, even with Failover Clustering installed.
    • Currently there is some documentation that states you need to have a MSDTC Resource in your cluster.
      I want to start out by emphasizing that the statement "You must install MSDTC is not 100 percent accurate." The statement does not take into account the OS and the changes with MSDTC in Windows 2008 and later.

这篇文章写得比较清楚

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alwaysonpro/archive/2014/01/15/msdtc-recommendations-on-sql-failover-cluster.aspx#Do-we-need-MSDTC-for-SQL-Installation

chenl

2015年11月24日 1:22

全部回复

• It's not for cluster, can use local msdtc on cluster since sql2k8 I believe.
    2015年11月19日 15:36
  • It's not for cluster, can use local msdtc on cluster since sql2k8 I believe.

既然如此,为什么在部署sql server群集时,如果没有安装msdtc还要告警一下呢,虽然也能跳过去正常安装,但我就不明白为什么还要有这些提示,还是说如果我们跳过去不部署mstdc,会在其它方面使用上受到影响?

很多网上说的都要手动添加mstdc,建议是做还是不做mstdc呢?

2015年11月20日 7:43
  • 还是说如果我们跳过去不部署mstdc,会在其它方面使用上受到影响?

Yes, you got it. If you are installing only the Database Engine, the MSDTC cluster resource is not required. If you are installing SSIS, Workstation Components, or if you will use distributed transactions, you must install MSDTC.

想不想时已是想,不如不想都不想。

2015年11月20日 12:57
    版主
  • MSDTC is required for SQL Server 2000 Failover Cluster, it's not required for SQL Server 2005, if I recall correctly.

想不想时已是想,不如不想都不想。

2015年11月20日 13:01
    版主
  • Do I Need to Cluster MSDTC after SQL installation?

• With Windows 2008 Failover cluster and later you do not need to cluster MSDTC to utilize the functionality of the MSDTC service. This is because MSDTC was re-designed in Windows 2008 and unlike Windows 2003 if Windows Failover Cluster was installed you had to cluster MSDTC. This is no longer the case when using Windows 2008, since by default MSDTC service is running locally, even with Failover Clustering installed.
    • Currently there is some documentation that states you need to have a MSDTC Resource in your cluster.
      I want to start out by emphasizing that the statement "You must install MSDTC is not 100 percent accurate." The statement does not take into account the OS and the changes with MSDTC in Windows 2008 and later.

这篇文章写得比较清楚

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alwaysonpro/archive/2014/01/15/msdtc-recommendations-on-sql-failover-cluster.aspx#Do-we-need-MSDTC-for-SQL-Installation

chenl

2015年11月24日 1:22