none
How to check the state whether one application is running on "background"(not be shown on the screen) JavaScript RRS feed

答案

全部回复

• Hi,

Actually, the commnication between processes directly is forbidden in Metro program based on WinRT.

However, we can achieve this by using some method. For example, we can use Clipboard to pass information, use Lancher method in System.Windows namespace or use network such as "socket".

But, we do not recommand you doing so. In my opinion, Metro programs are not suitable for commnicating with each other. Could you please tell me what function you want, maybe we can give some advices without process commnication.

Hope this helps

Aaron Xue [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2012年7月27日 6:44
    版主
  • The detail is:

there is a music player app.

and i want the app to send a toast notification if this app is not shown on users' screen to allow users to know what the music is now on playing .

of course users can also turn it off by some settings.

2012年7月27日 13:20
  • Hi,

Actually, the commnication between processes directly is forbidden in Metro program based on WinRT.

However, we can achieve this by using some method. For example, we can use Clipboard to pass information, use Lancher method in System.Windows namespace or use network such as "socket".

But, we do not recommand you doing so. In my opinion, Metro programs are not suitable for commnicating with each other. Could you please tell me what function you want, maybe we can give some advices without process commnication.

Hope this helps

Aaron Xue [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

The detail is:

there is a music player app.

and i want the app to send a toast notification if this app is not shown on users' screen to allow users to know what the music is now on playing .

of course users can also turn it off by some settings.

2012年7月28日 9:46
  • Hi,

I think sending a toast from background task may be appropriate for this situation.

background task whitepaper:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27411

toast notification:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/Hh779727.aspx

Hope this helps

Aaron Xue [MSFT]

2012年8月1日 2:07
    版主