none
The FileStream function of sql server2014 express is not working properly on win10.3 RRS feed

• 问题

• 

After I upgrading to win10.3(X64), the filestream function of sql server 2014 express is not working properly, the database whitch using filesteam  is suspended and can't be restored, when I deleted it and try to restore it from a backup file, it  promot me that filestream function is disabled, but when I see it form the configuration manager,  the filestram function is enabled.  I alse try to re-install Sql Server, it works properly at the first time after the installing, but when I restart the windows,  it fault like befor. I try to intall Sql Server 2016 express, and I try to new install win10.3 , it all fault like this. Help me, thanks.

2017年4月22日 2:08

全部回复

• Did you do in place upgrade or migrate db to new server? Does folder used for file-stream still exist?
    2017年4月22日 18:20
  • Hi pengcq,

This is a known issue for FILESTREAM of SQL Server on Windows 10 creators update. The Windows team is working on the fix to prevent this breaking change on FILE_OPEN_IF api. You can use the following steps as a workaround:

• Change the SQL Server service startup account to built-in account LocalSystem

• Change the SQL Server service startup account to a domain user account with local admin privileges on the system

• If you use virtual account [NT SERVICE\MSSQL$InstanceName] as service startup account, please make this account a member of the local administrators group

• Uninstall Creators Update and fall back to the previous Windows build

Please refer to this article: FILESTREAM issues with SQL Server on Windows 10 creators update -> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sql_server_team/filestream-issues-with-sql-server-on-windows-10-creators-update/

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

2017年4月24日 6:30
    版主
  • Change the SQL Server service startup account to built-in account LocalSystem, this solves the problem. thank you very much
    2017年4月25日 3:22
  • Hi pengcq,

It's very pleasant that you have solved this problem. Could you please mark my reply as Answered?

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

2017年4月25日 5:40
    版主