none
How to xperf on a particular process? or load symbols for different version of sql server? RRS feed

• 问题

• Hello,

We have both sql server 2012 and sql server 2014 running on windows 2012 r2, and there is CPU spike issue, I tried to use xperf and windows performance recorder, but the etl file only loads the symbols for sql serer 2014 properly.

Since it didn't work, I found the symbols from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463028.aspx, and set symbol path to the installation folder, and it could not load symbols for both sql server.

Then I thought if I could xperf on a particular process, the pid 1187792 is just a normal process id I just wanted to check if the command works or not.

C:\PerformanceWork>xperf -start HeapSession -heap -Pids 1187792 -BufferSize 1024 -MinBuffers 128 -MaxBuffers 128 -stackw
    alk HeapAlloc+HeapRealloc

C:\PerformanceWork>xperf -stop HeapSession -d heapTrace.etl
    Merged Etl: heapTrace.etl
    The trace you have just captured "heapTrace.etl" may contain personally identifiable information, including but not nece
    ssarily limited to paths to files accessed, paths to registry accessed and process names. Exact information depends on t
    he events that were logged. Please be aware of this when sharing out this trace with other people.

But it ended up nothing, cannot see anything in the etl file ( it is just "Unknown" in the process column).

I also tried to use -PidNewProcess but got same result.

C:\PerformanceWork>xperf -start HeapSession -heap -PidNewProcess "NotePad.exe" -BufferSize 1024 -MinBuffers 128 -MaxBuff
    ers 128 -stackwalk HeapAlloc+HeapRealloc

C:\PerformanceWork>xperf -stop HeapSession -d heapTrace.etl
    Merged Etl: heapTrace.etl
    The trace you have just captured "heapTrace.etl" may contain personally identifiable information, including but not nece
    ssarily limited to paths to files accessed, paths to registry accessed and process names. Exact information depends on t
    he events that were logged. Please be aware of this when sharing out this trace with other people.

Can anyone advise if there is a way to xperf on a particular process? or load symbols properly for different sql server in one ETL file?

Thanks,

Albert

2014年12月23日 5:20

全部回复