none
SQL 2005 Express installation problem RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi everyone, i have been trying to install SQL 2005 express on windows XP, during installation my computer will automatically reboot itself, once the loading is back to window it will reboot again and the process continues...so i had to actually reformat my computer to solve it.  After reformatting i tried to install sql 2005 express again but the same problem occurs again (infinite self reboot).  I have downloaded windows installer 3.1 and microsoft frame work 3.5 and IIS, also when the set up performs the scanning no error or warning appeared.  I was wondering if anyone know what could be the cause of this problem and how is it possible to solve it so that i can install 2005 express on my computer.  Thanks a lot
    2009年11月17日 8:29

答案

全部回复

• I think the problem is your computer hardware.Especially  your  harddisk.
    When your computer rebooting,can you see the XP  logo?
    2009年11月17日 8:50
  •  

Read the Errorlog text.Your can find this file at  Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Mssql\Log.

2009年11月17日 9:04
  • yes i can see the XO logo, as a matter of fact, it loads to the window system like my desktop then reboot again, i cannot get to the log file because the computer reboots automatically after window is finished loading
    2009年11月17日 9:22
  • There's no way out, try to reinstall both of them[os,and sql server] and try again.
    2009年11月23日 8:10
    版主
  • Hi everyone, i have been trying to install SQL 2005 express on windows XP, during installation my computer will automatically reboot itself, once the loading is back to window it will reboot again and the process continues...so i had to actually reformat my computer to solve it.  After reformatting i tried to install sql 2005 express again but the same problem occurs again (infinite self reboot).  I have downloaded windows installer 3.1 and microsoft frame work 3.5 and IIS, also when the set up performs the scanning no error or warning appeared.  I was wondering if anyone know what could be the cause of this problem and how is it possible to solve it so that i can install 2005 express on my computer.  Thanks a lot
    your issue looks more like you are having virus some where with your computer. or this situation might be caused by hardware failure too.
    2009年11月24日 8:47