none
About the edition of SQL Server Express 2012 RRS feed

• 问题

• I installed the 'Express with Advanced Services' (SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe), and the instance name is MSSQLSERVER, which I thought should be SQLEXPRESS ??

also I have a web project created in Visual Studio 2010, when I loaded it in Visual Studio 2012, a message pop up saying:

"The web project *** requires SQL Server Express, which is not installed on this computer. The recommanded database engine for Visual Studio 2012 is SQL Server LocalDB Express.

To upgrade this project database touse SQL Server LocalDB Express, double-click the database file and follow the instructions. Note: After this upgrade, the project database can't be modified using earlier versions of Visual Studio.

To continue using SQL Server Express for this project, install it from the Microsoft Download Center."

and then the web project has an exclamation mark on its icon in VS.

That's weird cause I have already installed the Express edition... the introduction on the download page is "This package contains all the components of SQL Express. This is a larger download than “with Tools,” as it also includes both Full Text Search and Reporting Services."

So what should I do? Does it make any change when publishing the proj, if upgrade the db file?

2012年10月7日 1:59