none
Hyper-V NIC Teaming RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I am working on a project, where we are going to use Hyper-V, sins you can not team the fysical server and then use Hyper-V on that Teaming NIC, so there will be a redundency on the network NIC, i will then ask if there is any way that i can do it white regedit ore if microsoft has a tool to team microsoft NIC adapters, so there will be a redundency on the Hyper-V, the the teaming can be done on the VM server in Hyper-V.

I think that will be a good ide, in the Hyper-V product if you can create this.

Best

Christian

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hello Christian,

I believe this post is very old since 2010, which is before Microsoft released Windows Server 2012.

With Windows Server 2012 onward, Microsoft is supporting to create a Hyper-V vSwitch on top of NIC Teaming adapter.

The NIC Teaming adapter must be created using Microsoft native NIC Teaming Tool (lbfoadmin.exe) or using PowerShell.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charbel Nemnom (UAE MVP)

MCSE, MCS, MCSA, MCP, MVP

Blog: www.charbelnemnom.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, October 10, 2015 11:54 AM