none
Compile Error On NDP ; Project-level conditional compilation constant RRS feed

• Question

• ndp compile error

Error 2 Project-level conditional compilation constant 'VBC_VER = 11.0,TARGET = "library",CONFIG="Debug",PLATFORM="AnyCPU",_MyType; ^^  ^^ CONFIG;PLATFORM;WIN32;FRAMEWORKS_AVAILABLE;RETAIL;WIN64;CODE_ANALYSIS_BASELINE;CODE_ANALYSIS;TRACE;VBC_VER;TARGET' is not valid: Character is not valid. Microsoft.VisualBasic

Monday, December 8, 2014 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hello FEBit,

>> im interested use while debugging to see source codes

If you want debug into these .NET Framework source, you do not compile the project, you could follow this blog which shows how to use .NET Reference Source for debugging

By the way, this issue is beyond the scope of this forum. I would suggest that you could add a comment on that blog about the .NET open-sourced question.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hello Bilişim,

>> ndp compile error

According to your current provide information, we cannot know what happens in your project, could you please share information as:

1.What type is your project(Console application, Web Application, Windows form or others)

2.What language you are using to develop your application(C#,VB or others)

Currently, we can only provide some information about this error message:

There is a similar discussion about this same issue which might be help, it shows the .vbproj file is not correctly, the workaround is to modify it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1297306/project-level-conditional-compilation-constant

By the way this issue is related with project compilation, I think the VS forum should be more appropriate. The current forum you posted to is used to Discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

Project was Dot Net Source. Project File VS2013.sln

I was downloaded from http://referencesource.microsoft.com/

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 8:37 AM
  • Hello,

Beside the download link, it already shows that:

Download the entire source code as a .zip file. The archive includes a solution and project files that can be opened in Visual Studio. This solution will not build because it is missing crucial components such as resources, XAML files, etc. but it will be sufficient to browse the source code inside Visual Studio.

The download project is used to browse the source easily.

Regards.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:00 AM
  • i was want to compile for reach pdb files.

im interested use while debugging to see source codes

could you explain, if your interest / your branch

BR

FEBit

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:09 AM
  • Hello FEBit,

>> im interested use while debugging to see source codes

If you want debug into these .NET Framework source, you do not compile the project, you could follow this blog which shows how to use .NET Reference Source for debugging

By the way, this issue is beyond the scope of this forum. I would suggest that you could add a comment on that blog about the .NET open-sourced question.

Regards.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:54 AM