none
Azure VM running Win2012 R2 Datacenter will not install ANY SW RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using a Azure VM for the first time last 2 days and so far I hate it (because of this problem)...

Installing any MS SW is fine but I need to setup a Digital Asset Management (DAM) server and the OS will not run *any* OpenText SW installs, it fails with InstallAnywhere window error: 

"Unable to execute the desired program. Please get another copy of the installer and try again." 

I have tried multiple versions of our DAM installers, scoured the internet for days and have customers asking if Azure VM's are a viable solution to host their DAM in the cloud (since I support OpenText server SW) but wow, nothing works to install the SW packages.

I have installed this SW on every Windows server version from 2008 to 2016 without issue using these packages so very confused why it isn't working in the Azure VMs, nothing is written to Event Logs; windows is killing it before it can start? Please help!

This is the SW:

https://www.opentext.com/products-and-solutions/products/customer-experience-management/digital-asset-management/opentext-media-management

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:09 PM

All replies