none
About the way to turn ON/OFF the Airplane on windows8 RRS feed

• Question

• We find a way to turn on/off the airplane like below:

1. IUIRadioManager::GetSystemRadioState(int *, int *, _RADIO_CHANGE_REASON *)

2. IUIRadioManager::SetSystemRadoState(int)

May i confirm that are those com interfaces are available or not?

br

mao xiaochun

• Moved by Paul E Long Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:00 PM (From:Network Monitor)
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:45 AM

Answers

• Radio management is provided in the Windows 8 UI to give users control over the state of their PC’s wireless radios.  Apps should not attempt to control the state of wireless radios.

The interfaces you found are not published nor supported for application use, and there is no guarantee that the final shipping version of Windows 8 or future versions of Windows will have these interfaces. You must not use them. We do not have a public API that changes wireless radios directly.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:52 AM

All replies

• Radio management is provided in the Windows 8 UI to give users control over the state of their PC’s wireless radios.  Apps should not attempt to control the state of wireless radios.

The interfaces you found are not published nor supported for application use, and there is no guarantee that the final shipping version of Windows 8 or future versions of Windows will have these interfaces. You must not use them. We do not have a public API that changes wireless radios directly.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Is there a way to do it if my app is running on Windows 8 embedded? (win32 desktop app) I'm trying to get and set the state of the bluetooth and wifi radio.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:30 PM
  • You should be able to use the documented radio management interfaces as described on MSDN, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh406623(v=vs.85).aspx 

IMediaRadioManager

IRadioInstance

IRadioInstanceCollection

IMediaRadioManagerNotifySink

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hi Doron,

Can the radio management interface be used to control Bluetooth radio? Thanks.

Sam.

Sunday, March 5, 2017 10:54 AM