none
SYSVAD - coming as default audio device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Whenever i install SYSVAD driver, the SYSVAD microphone and speakers are showing as default device in the sound card control panel. Why it is configured as  default device.

Thanks

M.nathan

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:35 PM

Answers

• SYSVAD is a sample audio driver which reports endpoints of many different form factors, headphones, microphone arrays, HDMI, SPDIF, sideband HFP, etc. The OS default selection algorithm does not special case sample driver code. When you attach headphones to your computer, do you not expect them to become the default? Installing SYSVAD, with headphones audio endpoints, is no different than plugging in headphones.

For more information, the Windows default endpoint selection algorithm is described here. This document is a bit out of date though, the sections labeled "Endpoint Timestamp Property" are incorrect. For Windows 10 the user default preferences are stored as a tree of preferences rather than as a last selection timestamp.

To prevent audio endpoints from becoming the default, the PKEY_AudioDevice_NeverSetAsDefaultEndpoint property can be added to the endpoints in the driver INF. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/pkey-audiodevice-neversetasdefaultendpoint

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

In the sound card control panel, we could see that SYSVAD microphone & speakers as Default Device. I want to change this logic for my development i.e SYSVAD microphone & speakers should not be Default device automatically.  It has to show like Ready. Please can anyone help me how to do it in the SYSVAD  program. I tried few option like setting speaker pin(SpeakerTopoMiniportPins) GUID category to KSNODETYPE_COMMUNICATION_SPEAKER in speakertoptable.h. 

Is it correct method or anything else to be added. Also what about microphone ?

Thursday, July 2, 2020 1:43 PM
  • SYSVAD is a sample audio driver which reports endpoints of many different form factors, headphones, microphone arrays, HDMI, SPDIF, sideband HFP, etc. The OS default selection algorithm does not special case sample driver code. When you attach headphones to your computer, do you not expect them to become the default? Installing SYSVAD, with headphones audio endpoints, is no different than plugging in headphones.

For more information, the Windows default endpoint selection algorithm is described here. This document is a bit out of date though, the sections labeled "Endpoint Timestamp Property" are incorrect. For Windows 10 the user default preferences are stored as a tree of preferences rather than as a last selection timestamp.

To prevent audio endpoints from becoming the default, the PKEY_AudioDevice_NeverSetAsDefaultEndpoint property can be added to the endpoints in the driver INF. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/pkey-audiodevice-neversetasdefaultendpoint

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:19 PM
  • Thank you so much.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:57 AM