none
Bluetooth devices are enumerated even no bluetooth reciever is active RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I recently had to investigate a problem on two customer machines where devices have been listed in our software even there is NO bluetooth hardware connected.

    One was a PC where we:

    - unpaired all bluetooth devices

    - and unplugged the USB bluetooth dongle

    - showed hidden devices in device manager & uninstalled all bluetooth devices with also removing the drivers

    After restarting the machine and running our software it still shows some "old" (former paired) bluetooth devices. I didn't find a way to remove those - since neither the device manager shows any bluetooth device nor the settings -> bluetooth shows any. I even searched the registy for old entried and removed all I could find but even this failed to solve the problem.

    The second one was a Laptop - with the same procedure/problem as above. Only difference here is that the laptop has an integrated Intel BT/WiFi rereiver wich is available but disabled (in the device manager) all the time so we can use our external USB bluetooth dongle. Also here no devcie should be listed.

    Both are running the latest 1703 windows - the yesterdays update 1709 didn't change anything.

    I could track it down to:

    var devSelector = BluetoothLEDevice.GetDeviceSelector();
    var devices = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(devSelector, propertiesList

    wich is responsible for the list in our software.

    Sadly I can't provide a trace since both are customer machines and it didn't ever happen to any of our machnes.

    Still this is a huge problem for us - since it completely destroys the workflow of our software - so if we connect our dongle and pair all devices we end up with 6 actualy paired devices + 6 "ghost" devices wich never can be used but are permanently processed - since we can't decide from the API part wich devices are the "ghosts" (or just devices wich are currently not swiched on) it breaks our functinality.

    Even I hope there will be a fix in the future more important for me is: How can I remove the "ghost" devices so our customers can use our system again?

    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:50 AM

All replies

  • 3rd PC now with that problem...

    Last time I had to fully reset the Win10 machine (Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset This PC) to get it working again. I really can't do that to all our customer machines!!!

    HELP PLEASE!

    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:08 PM
  • Hi There,

    I dont know if this is the same problem, but we have experienced something similar to that.

    In our case the devices are still present even if we disconnect them and unpair them from Windows. One thing that worked for us was re-connect the device again, pair de device with Windows and when the device is on and paired, unpair it from Windows an shutdown the device (it is important this order, to unpair the device from Windows when the device is ON and "running")... Hope this help your customers, but as I say, I dont know if this is the same problem.

    Regards


    • Edited by Raster Friday, November 10, 2017 8:58 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 8:51 AM