none
SYSVAD - KSSTATE_PAUSE is not happening whenever audio application pause SYSVAD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

SYSVAD is not getting paused state whenever audio application pauses the sysvad stream in middle.

Please can someone help me how to debug issue. 

Thanks

Friday, July 3, 2020 3:48 PM

All replies

• Please can you anyone help on this. I am new to driver development and could not able to trace.  
    Sunday, July 5, 2020 2:48 PM
  • Just because the application pauses the audio does not necessarily mean that your filter or pin will go into KSSTATE_PAUSE.  For an output pin, for example, the Audio Engine might very will leave the driver running and just feed it silence, or expect the driver to assume silence.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monday, July 6, 2020 11:45 PM
  • Thanks, Actually I am facing below issue with SYSVAD Microphone/Speaker. Please help me how to fix it.

• Sound card Panel setting - SYSVAD Mic & Speaker set as default device
    • Used Web browser conferencing application like Google meet and connected call - As sysvad mic & speaker are default device, web browser is connecting to SYSVAD. My application connecting real audio device and feeding data to SYSVAD.
    • In middle of the call, I want to change/switch audio device in web browser conferencing application. In this case web browser should use audio data directly from real mic and speaker. But it is not happening.I can see ReadBytes() and WrtiteBytes are still invoked. I am not sure whether web browser using audio data directly from real mic and speaker or SYSVAD data. If i stop proving data to SYSVAD then no audio. Hence, i am thinking it is using SYSVAD even though audio device configured to Real Mic & speaker in browser. 

• Edited by NathanMAd Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:43 AM
  • But that's not your problem, is it?  The browser has to have permission to use a speaker/microphone.  Do you get the permission dialog?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:08 AM
  • In middle of the call, i could able to change the audio device from SYSVAD to Realtelk and vice versa in the Browser. I can see the dialog box that Device changed. Thats means Browser is working as expected.

The microphone audio suppose to be from the current configured microphone in the browser setting which is not happening. Example, if browser is configured to SYSVAD Mic, the browser microphone suppose read data from SYSVAD right ? but that is not happening. 

Thursday, July 9, 2020 5:08 AM
  • Yes, but again, I don't see how your driver can be affecting this.  It has to be a misunderstanding of some kind.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 5:14 AM