none
WINDOWS hardware certification kit download fail RRS feed

• Question

• when we try to download HCK file to a new system , download will stop on 89% and report a file could not be locate like attached image , same thing happen with different network connection and different PC . where is the file ?
    Friday, May 18, 2012 6:03 AM

Answers

• Yes, you can download by  Selecting the "download the Windows Hardware Certification Kit" radio button, and specifying a download location/media on the "Specify Location" page rather than selecting the install option.  If you need to copy/move the download to a new location, the files need to be kept together -- same files and directory structure. 

The kit can be installed from the copied location by running HCKSetup.exe at the root of the directory.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:50 PM

All replies

• We haven't heard of this issue before-- we tried this and weren't able to hit this issue.

Can you paste in the contents of the latest version of %temp%\wlk\Windows Hardware Certification Kit*.log from the account you ran the download on?  This should have more specific information on what caused this error to happen.

Thanks!

Friday, May 18, 2012 9:22 PM
  • thank your reply , I am not so sure right now , because I could not found this file in system hard disk , I guess this status happen because anti-virus software have block some thing , so I have disable it and make install software run again .... could I download these files (2.54GB ....)  with another system , then copy these file to this new system and continues install process ?
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:19 AM
  • Yes, you can download by  Selecting the "download the Windows Hardware Certification Kit" radio button, and specifying a download location/media on the "Specify Location" page rather than selecting the install option.  If you need to copy/move the download to a new location, the files need to be kept together -- same files and directory structure. 

The kit can be installed from the copied location by running HCKSetup.exe at the root of the directory.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:50 PM