none
Microsoft Partner Center driver signing platform seems not to be working RRS feed

• General discussion

• Today, 16th October 2019, we have submitted three times a cab file for hardware driver signing in Microsoft Partner Center using the API REST and the response after more than 30 minutes, in each case, has been that the submission is in packageInfoValidation step, this is an example response from one the submissions 

{"workflowStatus":{"currentStep":"packageInfoValidation","state":"notStarted","messages":[]},"links":[{"method":"GET","rel":"self","href":"https://manage.devcenter.microsoft.com/v1.0/my/hardware/products/.../submissions/..."},{"method":"PATCH","rel":"update_submission","href":"https://manage.devcenter.microsoft.com/v1.0/my/hardware/products/.../submissions/..."}],"commitStatus":"commitReceived","type":"initial","downloads":{"items":[{"type":"initialPackage","url":"..."}],"messages":[]},"isExtensionInf":false,"isInbox":false,"isSystem":false,"productId":...,"id":...,"isDeclarativeInf":false,"name":"My_submission-20191016-091630","isUniversal":false}

Screenshot from the portal:

Screenshot from submission done with REST API, hanged in Package Acceptance status

We have also tried to upload the same cab file manually, and the result is more or less the same, the system kepts in the status "Preparation", as if the platform was hanged checking the cab file.

Submission done manually, it kepts hanged after Package Preparation status

This is the first time we have experienced an issue like this and we have been signing drivers for months, in fact on 14th October we managed to submit a cab (same drivers than today) file and it got signed without issues.

Submission that got completed on 14th October, same drivers than today

Does any of you have been able to sign a driver today using Microsoft Partner Center platform?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Jose

Jose Garcia Almajano

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:36 AM

All replies

• We're getting exactly the same issue and I came on here in the hope that it wasn't just us...

Would like to know what is happening as we need to get a release out.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Same issue, we were signing fine on Monday, but not today, Wednesday. Didn't try on Tuesday.

After testing a few things with the api and the website, I have noticed that the visual site and the API have different behavior. If I do the commit in the API, I get the workflow status indicating "packageInfoValidation" "notStarted", but if I upload manually, even if it doesn't progress, it gets stuck on "preparation" "started".

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:25 PM
  • Is there anything else we can do to inform MS about the issue? I have written to a kind of support mail but haven't received any reply.

Thank you guys for confirming you have the same issue.

Jose Garcia Almajano

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:11 PM
  • I've been trying to contact them by phone all afternoon which is very difficult going through a central phone number and lots of different departments. I am getting there slowly... will keep you posted but advise others to contact them in whatever way you can too.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:31 PM
  • I've been trying to contact them by phone all afternoon which is very difficult going through a central phone number and lots of different departments. I am getting there slowly... will keep you posted but advise others to contact them in whatever way you can too.

The phone option failed in the end and I was told to submit a support request. I chose the "critical" option so hopefully it gets the attention that it deserves. This is my first time trying to get support from Microsoft, and I wouldn't have thought it could be so difficult. I've had some recent dealings with Apple support and they are miles ahead in that department...

Let's hope it is fixed by the morning.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:39 PM
  • Looks like ours have just completed :)
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:42 PM
  • Mine completed too, I uploaded a new one and the processing was a bit slow but I guess they were doing kind of stuff. Thank you all for your help

Jose Garcia Almajano

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:23 PM