none
Hardware, Drivers, Microsoft Dashboard Failure Analytics? RRS feed

• Question

• On the Microsoft Dashboard Driver Failures pages for my Windows Update-distributed drivers, I have become accustomed to seeing Failure Analytics.  That has recently stopped working, with the message:

"

Failure Report Deprecation

The Failure Report user interface will end on June 30, 2019 and support for the Failure Report v1 API will end on June 30, 2019. Please open a support ticket for questions.

"

Is that correct? Is this feedback from Windows Update and WER being deprecated such that I can no longer get access to failure metrics and (even more usefully) kernel dumps?

Thanks,

~Mark

Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:48 PM

Answers

• Update: Analytics section is now working. Hardware Dashboard API mentioned before also stopped failing and GitHub sample works fine now. Looks like it was some temporary issue with Dev Center services.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:07 PM

All replies

• +1 for that. The warning message appeared on Dashboard pages a couple of weeks ago, and now the Analytics section isn't working at all for the last few days (even though the banner says it will end on June 30).

I know there's an API for Hardware Dashboard access which also has the new Analytics functionality. Unfortunately, it does not work for me as well as I am getting "500 Internal Server Error" when running the hpc-api GitHub sample (https://github.com/microsoft/hpc-api): the CreateReportAsync() API fails. Other APIs work just fine, but the problem is I cannot access any data before I create a report template.

Please let us know if there is another Analytics web app in the works or using the API is the only option after June 30.

Friday, June 21, 2019 11:06 AM
  • Update: Analytics section is now working. Hardware Dashboard API mentioned before also stopped failing and GitHub sample works fine now. Looks like it was some temporary issue with Dev Center services.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:07 PM
  • Hello Mark and pcfist, 

It seems like you have success experience with the Hardware Dashboard API to get the driver failure report. I'm having some issue with that for a while, and I'd like to have some idea from you about what might be missing / mistaken from my side. 

Basically, I've successfully created the template; request the report; and even get the report generated I guess. However, I'm having trouble to download the report from blob. 

I've put some detailed descriptions of the issue here: https://github.com/microsoft/hpc-api/issues/1

But I'd like to check with you, is the following steps/information be just enough? Or did I miss something?

1. I have account to use Hardware Dashboard of cause. 
    2. I have account to use Azure. 
    3. After logon to the Azure dashboard, I've registered "Application" in the Azure AD, and get my tenant id, client (application) id and relative token. 
    4. From the Hardware Dashboard, I've selected the "Application" to grant access / link the application with hardware dashboard. 
    5. I'm using the id relative to that application to send request. 
    6. I'm able to get the Blob URL for the report that generated, when it is finished. 
    7. I'm trying to get the access token for the storage blob, by submit my client id and the pre-defined tenant id (in the sample code). 
    8. That's where the error coming out: I cannot get the proper access token, but an error message of https://login.microsoftonline.com/error?code=700016

Is these steps you've also taken? and I specially have questions regarding what tenant id should I supply at step 7. 

Looking forward for some response from you guys. 

Thanks!

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:38 PM