none
WHLK - Certification for both x86 and x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have certified a Desktop System for Win10 1809 x64. I would like to get the x86 Certification as well. 

How should i Procede? I need to install Windows x86 on the same machine, adn re-run all teh tests again?

João Santos

Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:29 PM

All replies

• Seriously? Anyone?

João Santos

• Proposed as answer by Steve Leo Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:43 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Steve Leo Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:09 PM
  • Seriously? Anyone?

João Santos

Hi

I think you need to reinstall new x86 OS and run all test again for gets x86 certification.

Thanks, Steve

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:44 AM
  • I have not "certified a Desktop system", but I have certified driver packages. From that similar perspective, yes, you need to run all of the relevant HLK tests against all DUTs and SUTs for which you wish Certifications.

For our Universal driver package, we have one HLK controller and two SUT clients (an x64 one, and an x86 one). The HLK controller dispatches the tests to both SUTs in parallel.  I guess you could get away with only one SUT and install/boot from different images, and have the controller test the clients one at a time.  The controller than creates a submission package with both x64 and x86 targets' Test Results.  As I say, we just bit the bullet and maintain an array of test machines.

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:03 PM