none
System cannot find the file specified RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new to programming and specially with V Studio when I tried to run any source codes Visual C++ it always get the error code "system cannot find the file specified" I have tried with other computers it worked but on mine not even I tried on both versions for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and 2010 as well but All of them do the same thing with the same code files.
     all those files gives that error or similar I couldn't debug non of them but same files it work for other computers successfully without any error or even warning and I use windows 8.1 op sys. 

How do I fix This problem ???

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Answers

• Some relevant source code would help. To breakpoint on a line click to set the cursor on a line and hit F9. When you debug with F5, you can step through the code with F11 and other keys... There are buttons at the top to Step through the code too. I haven't even seen what this code looks like, so I can't tell you.

If a post helps you in any way or solves your particular issue, please remember to use the Propose As Answer option or Vote As Helpful
    Visit the Forum: TechLifeForum

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hello Agha
    Thank you for posting here..

I think your project is not saving properly or some files also not saving properly.. please check your project directory after creating project in Visual Studio..

Thanks

If helpful please mark as an answer :-)

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:58 AM
  • I did it this too,

but I don't know why still gives error for all my files which are maybe more than 

100 files ??!!!!

is same same files on other computer work 

can you tell me what should I do in steps .

thanks in advance 

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:03 AM
  • "Other computers": what other environments have you tested? And by other computers do you mean more than one computer? (I just want to clarify, even though that is indeed plural. Sometimes the literary text and reality don't match occasionally--As I've discovered over time.)

Also, why can you not debug this issue? Visual Studio has an integrated debugger for you to solve issues like this.  Where in the source code would there be specifying a filepath? There is not enough information provided for others to help you on this one unfortunately.

Do you know how to breakpoint or use tracepoints? I assume this is a runtime exception and not a compiler error.

If a post helps you in any way or solves your particular issue, please remember to use the Propose As Answer option or Vote As Helpful

• Edited by Troy Garner Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:32 AM
  • sorry tow computers only.

sorry what you mean by ''debug this issue'' because I'm new to use visual studio 

as I mentioned before.  if you can help me in simple way to explaining I will appreciate

your efforts. How can provide enough info to solve this problem?

THANKS AGAIN  

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:19 AM
  • Some relevant source code would help. To breakpoint on a line click to set the cursor on a line and hit F9. When you debug with F5, you can step through the code with F11 and other keys... There are buttons at the top to Step through the code too. I haven't even seen what this code looks like, so I can't tell you.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:36 PM