Skip to main content

none
Problem with smartscreen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have developped a software that is free for download on my Website. Smartscreen is preventing it from installing.

I have signed it with a standard certificate, and none antivirus is blocking it. Only Smartscreen is.

I cannot afford paying for a EV certificate. What can I do so that smartscreen can recognize it ?

I sent it to Microsoft for analysis with the hope this could improve the file reputation. The answer was "no virus", but that did not increase the reputation.

I tried to put it in Window store to see if this could help. I paid again for that but I am experiencing difficulties creating an appx package.

I don't understand why Windows store does not accept "classic" install programs (like setup.exe)

Can you help me please, because smartscreen is ruining my recent professional activity.

For information, please find below the list of errors when trying to upload the appx package (by the way, I don't think that submitting the appx package will solve the problem with smartscreen )

Thank you in advance and best regards.

************ LIST OR ERRORS

You must upload at least one package for each of your market groups.

You must provide a package that supports each selected device family (or uncheck the box for unsupported device families). Note that targeting the Xbox device family requires a neutral or x64 package.

You must fix all package validation errors before submitting.

Installation photodecouverte.appx 28.1 MB

Package acceptance validation error: Vous n’êtes pas autorisé à spécifier les espaces de noms suivants dans le fichier de manifeste appx du package Installation photodecouverte.appx : restricted namespace: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities

Package acceptance validation error: Your developer account doesn’t have permission to submit apps converted with the Desktop Bridge at this time. https://aka.ms/desktopbridgeforwindowsstore

Monday, April 2, 2018 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you try to disable the SmartScreen option?  As far as I know that the SmartScreen Filter helps you identify reported phishing and malware websites and also helps you make informed decisions about downloads.

About how to disable the smart screen option, you can refer to this document.

The current just discusses general issues about developing applications for Windows. If you want to use the windows store to install your application, you can post the issue on Microsoft Store help - support.microsoft.com.   

Note: I suggest that you can try to use click once to install your application from website.

Since now I cannot access the google website, I cannot provide the link of click once. I hope that you can understand.

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 5:47 AM