Skip to main content

none
Software Devlopment RRS feed

• Question

• I have make a small free software "xyz" and making another software "abc". I want to sell my software "abc" and develop more software to sell by brand name "pqr". Would i need copyright and trademark like thing. If yes then how many thing i have to register before start selling software and how and where i can register these things at as low as possible cost.

Nehal Ahmad

Sunday, February 18, 2018 8:19 AM

Answers

• I have make a small free software "xyz" and making another software "abc". I want to sell my software "abc" and develop more software to sell by brand name "pqr". Would i need copyright and trademark like thing. If yes then how many thing i have to register before start selling software and how and where i can register these things at as low as possible cost.

Nehal Ahmad

These are legal matters, not software development issues.  You should consider seeking the advice of a lawyer specializing in intellectual property.
    • Marked as answer by NehalAhmad Saturday, June 30, 2018 9:12 AM
    Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:55 AM
  • Hi NehalAhmad,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to sell your software, you can use windows store platform.   

I am not sure that your issue is related to windows development issue.

If your issue has been resolved, please remember to close your thread by marking useful posts as answer that can be helpful for other person with same issue.

Best  Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:51 AM

All replies

Nehal Ahmad

These are legal matters, not software development issues.  You should consider seeking the advice of a lawyer specializing in intellectual property.
    Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:55 AM
  • Hi NehalAhmad,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to sell your software, you can use windows store platform.   

I am not sure that your issue is related to windows development issue.

If your issue has been resolved, please remember to close your thread by marking useful posts as answer that can be helpful for other person with same issue.

Best  Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:51 AM