none
Target machine status get stuck on "reset" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

When I try to change the status of my target machine (i.e. in this case is Windows 7 32) by "reset" the target machine.

The status get stuck there at "reset", I refresh the HCK Manager/Job Monitor and it does not change to "Ready"

I turn off Windows firewall on target machine, and I can ping both way from controller to target and vice versa fine.

I have also tried to reboot target pc and uninstall the HCK client on target machine several times. Same issues.

Can someone shed some light on this issue.

Again, this is HCK2.0, version 8.59.29854

thanks,

Kiet

KAL

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:47 PM

Answers

• This is probably a bug somewhere in the tools. This is how I fixed it. Uninstall the controller and reinstall the controller.

KAL

• Marked as answer by Kiet Ly Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:09 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:09 PM

All replies

• If you start HCK Manager (not HCK Studio), open up Explorers..Job Monitor, navigate to your system and right-click on view errors, what error message is shown?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:31 AM
  • Hello,

The problem is the lack of the communication between the Server and Client and please the check the Heartbeat time of the Client machine.

Please do the proper un-install and install of the HCK Client.

remember the things before doing:

1. Before uninstall client put the client status change to unsafe mode.

2. while installing the client make sure open the port ( Please refer the Help documentation for the installation details..)

Yesubabu Gude

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:36 AM
  • The "view error" shows "no error reporting". I thought that this is to view any errors when running test jobs.

The issue that I have is that the target machine get stuck at "Reset" and never change to anything else. At this point the machine is not ready to run, and there are no jobs been submitted. So, view error won't show anything.

Where do I see the log telling me what is wrong when the target machine does not change its status from "reset" to "ready" ?

KAL

• Edited by Kiet Ly Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:42 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Why is this a heartbeat issue? If so, it will eventually timeout and complain that there is no heartbeat in so long. I do not have this "no heartbeat popup". Beside I am able to ping both way between controller and client.

I turn off Windows firewalls altogether, so there is no need to add TCP port 1771.

KAL

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:39 PM
  • Can someone from Microsoft/Certification group comment on this issue?

KAL

Friday, August 30, 2013 2:59 PM
  • To help me understand a little more, are you doing this through HCK Studio or HCK Manager? There is a known refresh error with HCK Studio. If you have not done so already, please try with HCK Manager.

Also, we ask about heartbeat to help dig into the proper area. Does HCK Manager show a heartbeat every 10 minutes (you'll need to press F5 to refresh the HCK Manager view)?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:40 PM
  • John:

I am doing this on both HCK Studio and HCK Manager. There are some slight different on either approach:

1/ with HCK Studio: Under "Configuration". When I right click on the target machine/Change Machine Status. There are 2 options: "Ready" and "Not Ready". The "Status" column is displaying "Initializing" and get stuck there indefinitely. It never eventually change to "Ready"

2/ Now, if I start HCK Manager/Job Monitor. When selecting the same machine pool/target machine. The "Status" column shows "Reset" and get stuck there, never change to "Ready".

The "Last Heart Beat" refresh correctly every 10 mins. Yet, the target machine still get stuck in "Reset"

Any idea as to what to look for why this thing never finishing "reset" and become "ready"

thanks,

Kiet

KAL

Friday, August 30, 2013 8:47 PM
  • Please Check both MAC of machine.

It's same MAC value situation. I guess.

Monday, September 2, 2013 3:34 AM
  • This is probably a bug somewhere in the tools. This is how I fixed it. Uninstall the controller and reinstall the controller.

KAL

• Marked as answer by Kiet Ly Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:09 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:09 PM