SSIS error RRS feed

• Question

• Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E05.  An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services."  Hresult: 0x00000001  Description: "Error Code = 0x80040E05, External Code = 0x00000000:.".

When I re-ran the package it worked fine. Any idea why it failed the first time?

Anonymous

Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi DevCoder,

Have you solved this issue? What's the version of your SQL Server 2012? I would suggest you install the latest Service Pack or CU for SQL Server 2012 to see if this issue still persists.

In addition, please also add "Format=Tabular" in the OLE DB connection string. Here is the sample:

Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=AdventureWorksDW;Provider=MSOLAP.5;Format=Tabular;Integrated Security=SSPI;

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:07 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 5:43 AM

All replies

• It happens at the driver level;

which is unmanaged code so you will not know unless take its memory dumps for analysis, I doubt you want to go this route.

It would be much better if you could share more details (at how to repro level) on the package

Arthur My Blog

• Proposed as answer by ArthurZ Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:38 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:14 PM
  • Hi DevCoder,

Have you solved this issue? What's the version of your SQL Server 2012? I would suggest you install the latest Service Pack or CU for SQL Server 2012 to see if this issue still persists.

In addition, please also add "Format=Tabular" in the OLE DB connection string. Here is the sample:

Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=AdventureWorksDW;Provider=MSOLAP.5;Format=Tabular;Integrated Security=SSPI;

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:07 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 5:43 AM