#msntb_toolbar_full_name# RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following sign come up on the screen.

#msntb_toolbar_full_name# is unable to load config file.

If you recently upgraded to a newer version of #msntb_toolbar_full_name #

and have not restarted your computer since the upgrade,please try resarting your computer.If the problem persist,please reinstall the #msntb_toolbar_full_name#.

I'm currently running WXP Home Edition,IE7. W Defender.This problem only occured after I completed system restore two days ago.

Thanks to any person who can help.

CEEBEE

Sunday, March 5, 2006 1:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ceebee,

Since your post doesn't relate to Windows Desktop Search may I suggest that you visit the following for assistance:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=MSN+Toolbar&dg=&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

http://support.msn.com/default.aspx

http://www.support.microsoft.com/

Thanks in advance,

Bill Connors

Program Manager, Windows Desktop Search - Communities 

Monday, March 6, 2006 9:57 PM
  • I have been fighting with the exact same thing.  I went into control panel/add remove programs, and it is still named, but non functional.  I had tried to remove it as it was not behaving normally.  Cannot understand why Microsoft does not very actively pursue this problem, since it is obviously a software problem that belongs to them.  And, just reading the posts suggests the program has alot of bugs.  It makes my computer experience more like driving a stop and go free way in rush hour than the refined experience we with XP are used to.  Come on guys, fix the thing.  We can't re-download it (toolbar), nor get rid of it.  We are at your mercy short of buying another machine, or reformatting and re-building this one.  That is a can do, but Ohhh the files that would become lost or moved.  Why has this not been sent to technical yet?  Or has it?  They have the money, programmers, and every resource under the sun to make this go away, which is exactly what we all want you to do.  Any tech people or employees reading these posts and taking them seriously?  Maybe we should put on a bit of pressure?  Who do we contact to get results.  We wish not to just keep a thread going on our delema.  We want fully functional PRODUCT for which we paid alot of money.  Thank you so much for reading this if you actually did.  Respond promptly with patch or ability to overlay the file again.

Mike in NM,   Just another simple minded machine builder.

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:55 AM
  • oki have tried the restart thing how do i install that program
    Monday, March 20, 2006 3:30 AM
  • every time i start my computer this messege come up i am runing windows xp on my computer can some one help me fix this problem
    Monday, March 20, 2006 7:18 PM
  • What do I do when I am told to reinstall this file whenever I never installed it in the first place?
    Friday, March 24, 2006 11:23 AM
  • Hi Everyone,

To uninstall the toolbar try this...

If the toolbar is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel then the next thig to try is the Installer Cleanup tool.  You can find this tool at the following location with instructions in the body of the article before the download icon.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

If this does not work try the following.  This is a less elegant method but may be effective for your issue.

Use the Msiexec.exe program to uninstall.  Below are two suggested methods for uninstalling these packages. 

Using the Product Code

To locate the Product code in the registry, click Start then Run and type “Regedit” in the Open drop down box and press enter.  Next browse to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar Suite

The Product Code will be listed in the value of the PC key.  For example version 2.5.0.1082 PC registry value is 7d1dcbba-f6f5-42b4-b90b-f04ace4dfd6c.  Be sure to close Regedit without saving any changes.

Execute the following command line, listing the product code with in brackets.  For Version 2.5.0.1082 the command line would be as noted below.  Please note the brackets “{}” are required for this method to be successful. 

Note:  The /x switch causes Msiexec to uninstall the product and the /qn switch will ensure that there is no display while uninstalling.  Please see msiexec.exe help (type msiexec /? From a command prompt) for more information regarding command line options for Msiexec.exe.

Msiexec.exe /x {7d1dcbba-f6f5-42b4-b90b-f04ace4dfd6c} /qn

Using the MSN Search Toolbar Windows Installer (.msi)

The MSN Search Toolbar Windows Installer (.msi) is located in the following location:

%windrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MSN Search Toolbar\<Version Number>\en-us

In the path listed above “<Version Number>” is the version of the product being uninstalled, for example 02.05.0000.1082.

Use the following command line to uninstall the product.

msiexec.exe /x "<Windrive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MSN Search Toolbar\<Version Number>\en-us\MsnSearchToolbar.msi" /qn

First method is preferred because the only required variable is the product code that is taken from the registry. For the second method, we need to give the <windrive> (The drive Windows is loaded on normally "C" )and the <version number> of the product installed in the command-line.

Please give this a try and let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Friday, March 24, 2006 6:10 PM
  • jc terry as jct1848@hotmail.com trying to fix my computer. i need all the help i can get.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:03 AM
  • To: Jeff R.

I'd like to thank you first of all for taking so much time in bringing this information to all of us who are struggling with this "pop-up", annoying, simply won't go away, thoroughly frustrating THING!!! Whew!

I do have a couple questions for you if you wouldn't mind, ok? 

1) Who are you and how did you come to get all this information on how to handle this problem? 

I think its great if this information is good, however:

2) You've asked us to tell you how it all goes once done.  Have you not done this yourself?  If not, why? 

3)With all the mean people out there, why should we trust that what you've given us here will not totally unravel our systems and crash us down? 

To be honest Jeff, I'd love for this to work just to be rid of that annoying little scamp, but I got myself into a whole lot of trouble using the F10 key thinking I could undo the damage done.  Now I've lost ALMOST ALL of MY files.  Hubby's seem to be mostly there.  We've really lost an awful lot but I don't want to go in for the kill, ya know!!

Again, thanks for taking this time to instruct us, but I'd really like to have some info that tells me I'm not gonna make things worse!

Regards,

Kat

Friday, March 31, 2006 3:35 PM
  • Hi Kat,

Good questions.  Basically I work for a software company and frequent a few sites related to this product as I use it on a daily basis.  I've done Technical Support for Many years and just like to help people when I can, call it building good karma.  That and I hate to leave a problem if I can fix it.  That's got to be a guy thing.

As for asking you to post back with follow up, it lets me know if your issue is resolved or if I should gather more information about what happened when it didn't  work to help figure out why.  That and Bill seems to like it when threads get marked as answered.

The information listed above came from an MS Site you can find this information there yourself.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows/search/dtsguide.mspx

I have used some of these steps in troubleshooting systems and they are pretty standard.  Basically what it's asking you to do is to find the file that installed the package and let it uninstall itself.  This is the manual process if Add/Remove doesn't work.

The other thing to look for, not sure if it's in this thread, is to go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and click the "Show Updates" box.  If you installed Windows Desktop Search or MSN Toolbar, you may have loaded some updates for it as well that may not be uninstalled when uninstalling the initial package, because they are updates and some of the files or changes they made weren't in the initial package...

I hope this helps...

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:01 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem!!   Do you know how to fix this?  cabadie1976@cox.net

Saturday, April 8, 2006 3:48 PM
  •  ceebee wrote:

I have the following sign come up on the screen.

and have not restarted your computer since the upgrade,please try resarting your computer.If the problem persist,please reinstall the #msntb_toolbar_full_name#.

I'm currently running WXP Home Edition,IE7. W Defender.This problem only occured after I completed system restore two days ago.

CEEBEE

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:46 PM
  • Hello drumboy,

I would suggest that you give Jeff_R's instructions a shot (see his post above).  If those don't work for you please let us know.

Paul Nystrom - MSFT

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:33 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your post.  Just to to let you know how I resolved, I downloaded the Msiexec.exe program.  Removed the program.  That still didn't get rid of the message of course, but it allowed me to reinstall the msn tool bar from microsoft's site and the installation was successful.  I know no longer have this message.

Thanks again! 

Jeff as I am new to these forums, I don't know how and would like to respond to others.

MKodounis

Friday, June 2, 2006 3:39 PM
  •  ceebee wrote:

CEEBEE

Friday, June 2, 2006 5:58 PM
  • Hi There,

Please read my reply to Jeff re same.

It worked for me, like a charm!

MKodounis

Friday, June 2, 2006 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

Read my reply to Jeff. Install the Windows Installer Clean up utility.  See Jeff's post for the address.  Run the MSIEXEC.EXE program.  Remove the mnstoolbar program.  Note this will onlly remove and does not get rid of that annoying message.  Reinstall the msntoolbar program from microsoft's site.  Now the message will no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Let me know too!

Friday, June 2, 2006 7:42 PM
  • can you help me find a way to reinstall this my computer can not find config, thank you
    Tuesday, June 27, 2006 9:09 PM
  • Hey everyone. I found an easy way that works 100%! You go to start, run, regedit (like the guy a few posts ahead of me posted), go to Microsoft, MSN apps, right click and delete the folders that say "msn toolbar suite" or just "msn toolbar" and delete them. Period. This will remove Any problems had with this pesky msn toolbar.

Im not completely sure if this messes anything up, but hey, its the msn toolbar. Who needs it?
    Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:01 AM
  • I ahd the same problem and i wrote to tecnical support of microsoft...They were a great help it fix my problem right away...but you have to follow the steps in order "AS IS"...HOPE IT RESOLVES YOUR PROBLEM let me know.....   cream

Thank you for writing to MSN Toolbar Technical Support.

My name is Vivian and I am sorry to hear that you are getting "#msntb_toolbar_full_name# is unable to load is config file." error message every time you open any applications or Web browser.

Regarding your issue, here are some steps that have proved successful for some of our customers. It is possible that you may have performed some or all of these steps previously, but the key seems to be the order in which they are performed:

A. Disable Third party browser extensions. To disable these browser extensions:

1. Click "Tools" in your Internet browser.
    2. Click "Internet Options".
    3. Click the "Advanced" tab
    4. Remove the check mark next to "Enable third-party extensions (requires restart)".
    5. Click "OK".
    6. Close all Internet browser windows.

B. Please clear the Windows and Internet Explorer Temp files by using the Disk Cleanup Utility.

1. Click "Start", and then click "My Computer".
    2. Right-click, using the button on the right-hand side of the top of your mouse, the disk in which you want to free up space, and then click "Properties".
    3. Click the "General" tab, and then click "Disk Cleanup".
    4. Click the Disk Cleanup tab (if it is not already selected),
    5. Click to select the check boxes next to the files that you want to remove.  Make sure to include Temporary files
    6. Click "OK".  
    7. Click "Yes" to confirm the procedure.

C. We need to install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove any leftover parts or pieces of the Toolbar or its add-ins.  (For more information you can go to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301)

1. Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility installer by going to http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

2. Choose "Save" when prompted to save the file.
    3. Select "Desktop" as to where you would like to save it.
    4. Find the "msicuu.exe" application (you may not see the exe part) on your desktop and double-click it.
    5. Click "Next" and allow the program to install.
    6. After the installation is complete, you may remove the file from your desktop to the Recycle Bin.

D. Now we will need to run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

1. Click "Start", point to "Programs", and then click "Windows Install Clean Up".
    2. Select "Live Toolbar", "MSN Toolbar" and any Toolbar add-ins from the list of programs you want to remove
    3. Click "Remove".
    4. Click "OK", and then click "Exit".

E. Once we have made sure that Windows Installer should no longer see the Toolbar or its add-ins, we now need to remove any traces of them from the registry.

1. Click "Start", and then click "Run".
    2. Type "regedit", without the quotes, in the "Run" box.
    3. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard or click on "OK" to launch the Registry Editor.
    4. Use the "+" sign next to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft folder to navigate it.
    5. Make sure the "MSN Toolbar" and "MSN Apps" folders are not present.  If they are, right-click them and then choose "Delete" from the resulting drop-down menu.
    6. Use the "+" sign again to navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft folder.
    7. Make sure the "MSN Toolbar" and "MSN Apps" folders are not present.  If they are, right-click them and then choose "Delete" from the resulting drop-down menu.

F. Finally, we need to install the latest version of MSN Toolbar or Live Toolbar 3.0.

To install MSN Toolbar 2.5:

1. Open your Internet Explorer browser.
    2. Go to http://toolbar.msn.com .
    3. Click on "Download Toolbar Now - Free" to download the installer
    4. Click "Save" when prompted to save the file.
    5. Select "Desktop" as to where you would like to save it.
    6. Find the "MsnSearchToolbarSetup_en-us.exe" application (you may not see the exe part) file on your desktop and double-click it.
    7. Click "Next" and allow the program to install.
    8. Follow the prompts to add or remove certain add-ins you may or may not want.
    9. After the installation is complete, you may remove the file from your desktop to the Recycle Bin.

To install Live Toolbar 3.0:

2. Go to http://toolbar.live.com/ .
    3. Click on "Try it" to download the installer.
    6. Find the "WLToolbar.msi" file (you may not see the msi part) on your desktop and double-click it.
    9. After the installation is complete, you may remove the file from your desktop to the Recycle Bin.

If you want to completely remove the toolbar, please disregard step F.  Either way, this is how we can ensure that you have successfully performed a clean install and uninstall.

After following the steps above, it is important that you then enable the third-party browser extensions.

This should resolve your issue and we would be very grateful if you could let us know the results of following these steps.  We appreciate your understanding as we are doubling our efforts to find a complete solution for this issue.  

If you encounter the same issue after performing the steps above, please provide the details specified below:

- Operating system (Win 98/Win XP)
    - Browser (Internet Explorer 5.0/6.0)
    - MSN Toolbar version - to verify the version, please follow the steps below:

a. Start Internet Explorer.
    b. On the MSN Toolbar (located under the address bar), click the MSN logo to access the drop-down menu.
    c. Point to "Help", and then click "About MSN Toolbar". Look for the MSN Toolbar version in the version information window that appears.

The more specific details you include, the better our chances of understanding and detecting your concern.

You are a valuable customer to MSN and we are glad to give you consistent and effective service.  

Thank you for using MSN Toolbar.

Sincerely,

Vivian
    MSN Toolbar Technical Support

Monday, August 14, 2006 5:58 PM
  • I to have this same problem. I

I have restarted my computer and the problem still presists.

I have also tried going to msn and reinstaling the toolbar.

This also did not work.

Please help me!!!

Saturday, September 9, 2006 6:35 PM
  •   PLease ...if you want to fix your plroblem with msn tool bar code messages that keeps on poping up ....and to any problems realted to this FOLLOW THOSE STEPS EXSACLY the way they are put DONT JUMP OVER ANY OF THEM!!!!   I am convince that your problem will go away...i got these steps through  microsoft SUPPORT LINE TEAM ........HERE ARE THE STEPS: It's a litle long BUT IT WORKS!!!!!                                                                                              

My name is Vivian and I am sorry to hear that you are getting "#msntb_toolbar_full_name# is unable to load is config file." error message every time you open any applications or Web browser.

Regarding your issue, here are some steps that have proved successful for some of our customers. It is possible that you may have performed some or all of these steps previously, but the key seems to be the order in which they are performed:

4. Remove the check mark next to "Enable third-party extensions (requires restart)".
    5. Click "OK".

B. Please clear the Windows and Internet Explorer Temp files by using the Disk Cleanup Utility.

2. Right-click, using the button on the right-hand side of the top of your mouse, the disk in which you want to free up space, and then click "Properties".
    5. Click to select the check boxes next to the files that you want to remove.  Make sure to include Temporary files
    6. Click "OK".  

C. We need to install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove any leftover parts or pieces of the Toolbar or its add-ins.  (For more information you can go to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301)

1. Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility installer by going to http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

4. Find the "msicuu.exe" application (you may not see the exe part) on your desktop and double-click it.
    6. After the installation is complete, you may remove the file from your desktop to the Recycle Bin.

1. Click "Start", point to "Programs", and then click "Windows Install Clean Up".
    2. Select "Live Toolbar", "MSN Toolbar" and any Toolbar add-ins from the list of programs you want to remove
    3. Click "Remove".

E. Once we have made sure that Windows Installer should no longer see the Toolbar or its add-ins, we now need to remove any traces of them from the registry.

3. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard or click on "OK" to launch the Registry Editor.
    4. Use the "+" sign next to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft folder to navigate it.
    5. Make sure the "MSN Toolbar" and "MSN Apps" folders are not present.  If they are, right-click them and then choose "Delete" from the resulting drop-down menu.
    6. Use the "+" sign again to navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft folder.
    7. Make sure the "MSN Toolbar" and "MSN Apps" folders are not present.  If they are, right-click them and then choose "Delete" from the resulting drop-down menu.

F. Finally, we need to install the latest version of MSN Toolbar or Live Toolbar 3.0.

6. Find the "MsnSearchToolbarSetup_en-us.exe" application (you may not see the exe part) file on your desktop and double-click it.

6. Find the "WLToolbar.msi" file (you may not see the msi part) on your desktop and double-click it.

If you want to completely remove the toolbar, please disregard step F.  Either way, this is how we can ensure that you have successfully performed a clean install and uninstall.

After following the steps above, it is important that you then enable the third-party browser extensions.

This should resolve your issue and we would be very grateful if you could let us know the results of following these steps.  We appreciate your understanding as we are doubling our efforts to find a complete solution for this issue.  

If you encounter the same issue after performing the steps above, please provide the details specified below:

b. On the MSN Toolbar (located under the address bar), click the MSN logo to access the drop-down menu.
    c. Point to "Help", and then click "About MSN Toolbar". Look for the MSN Toolbar version in the version information window that appears.

The more specific details you include, the better our chances of understanding and detecting your concern.

You are a valuable customer to MSN and we are glad to give you consistent and effective service.  

Sincerely,

Vivian

Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:55 PM
  • First time i tried answering your message there was an error code so i am doing it a second time to make sure this message gets to u...

HERE R THE STEPS TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM PLEASE FOLLOW IN ORDER ONE BY ONE or this wont work....dont jump over any steps!!!!(i am sending u the complete message)

5. Click "OK".

6. Click "OK".  

3. Click "Remove".

Sincerely,

Vivian

Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:00 PM
  • Please tell me from where i can install                      #msntb_toolbar_full_name#

I get this problem after two days of system restore.

Thursday, October 5, 2006 12:44 AM
  • HI Vivian; Just wanted to let you know that I followed your instructions for how to get rid of this cursed thing and it seems to have worked. Since going through it all I've only seen the thing once, and thats with a whole day of going into various areas. The one time it showed up was going into the other user's section of XP, and like I say that was only once. There weree a few things that I wasn't able to do all the way, because a few of the things that you said to do simply did not show up, but all the same I would not hesitate to reccomend the proceedure to anyone wanting to get rid of the thing. I should have made notes of what I couldn't do but didn't think of it in time. For the record I am using XP sp2  and the full version of IE7. I tried to follow your instructions to get the MSN Toolbar version, but when I clicked on the logo, the drop down list did not include the help feature that you described, but whatever it is I got it with the IE7 download. Maybe the problem is that when  I open IE it is to the Windows Live page, and I don't remember that being there in the previous version, but I guess we can assume that it is a fairly late offering. Anyway I wanted to say a sincere thank you for your cogent dealing with the situation. I had, I'll admit tried two or three other times to get advice and never did it work, so you might even offer your solution to the other techs there of that the rest of the frustrated  masses out there will have some hope of getting it right.  Oddly enough the rest of the system seeems to be working faster and more smoothly than it did before.
    Saturday, October 28, 2006 9:08 PM
  • HI all; I would just like to say to all you frustrated people out there that it you go to the post of Cream 5000 and follow the steps that Vivian gives in her response. I had tried several times before to get advice on this and nothing had done any good at all. After following her instructions, though the problem seems to be solved. In a whole day's worth of being on line I only saw it once and that was fairly early in the day going into another user's place. All in all I would say that it was a success. There is a long series of steps involved, but they are carefully detailed and fairly easy to follow. I owuld strongly suggest that before you get into the proceedure you print out the procedure as there would be no way at all to do it all from memory. Good luck!
    Saturday, October 28, 2006 9:24 PM
  • Hi, i came across this problem today and before my workmate could even open this page; i found that the easiest way to remove it is to simply open Internet Explorer, click 'tools', 'manage add-ons', and then just fine the ninemsn toolbars within there and diable them.

Cheers, hope this helps a few poeple(and prevents needless waste of time :D).

Monday, November 13, 2006 7:16 AM
  • Okay, so we've had several ways to be able to sort out this problem which seem to work for some of us. However, we have this same problem, but we get to a certain stage and then hit a wall. Like when we're told to click on something, it's either not there, or it doesn't work. For example, the internet options on control panel isn't named and is completely disabled. And also, when we're told to look for the 'tool' option in the browser, the option isn't even there. And moving the MSN Toolbar from the programs to desktop, can't delete it no matter how many times we restart the computer or anything. It's just that same old annoying message. On the MSN website itself, it told us to save the page to My Favourites (which also wasn't there!), restart the computer, load the page from My Favourites and then download from the link....which again, didn't work and didn't even load. There just seems to be so many problems on the computer now that are linked to this stupid toolbar.

Please can someone actually give us a method that will work. The system we are using is the Windows XP.

Thanks

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:21 PM
  • Hi All; I just want to say that I followed Vivian's instructions and haven't seen the pesky thing since. I said that I got the original infestation after loading IE 7, but looking back I think that maybe that didn't have all that much to do with the paoblem. Since I carried out her instructions the thing went away completely; I have since added Windows Defender as well as Windows Onecare, and neither of those reactivated it. Just a by the way, I tried for a while to use McAfee, pretty much the whole suite that they offer and was appaled by how the computer got. Not only that but I was pretty much unable to open any links  from Outlook Express or any where else. With the two Windows programs, though, everythin is back up to being normally fast and they seem to be doing the job.
    Monday, November 27, 2006 2:08 AM
  • THANKS A MILLION JEFF!!!!!  I think it worked. 

Friday, December 15, 2006 3:48 AM
  • Sirs,

I have this problem how can I solveIt?

Sunday, December 31, 2006 4:20 PM
  • I had this problem in the past and it was solved in I think it was the XP forum. There were about a page full of directions, but I followed them and it took care of the thing and I haven't seen it in at least several months. Wish I could remember who authored the solution, but I know that it was one of the Microsoft people. Its a truly great relief not to see that thing any more. Good luck.
    Sunday, December 31, 2006 10:36 PM
  • This proceedure corrected the problem perfectly.  Thank you Vivian!
    Friday, January 5, 2007 9:18 PM
  • Hi ...I've had the same problem with the Msn desktop search toolbar for weeks

I've tried every way posted here, and a few swift kicks . But going into start - run - regedit and deleting "msn toolbar" and "msn toolbar suite" worked.(as sugested by Sixpistol on 07-12-2006)....... and I havn't noticed anything messed up yet. and as you say ..who needs the msn toolbar anyway.

All the other fancy long winded ways didn't work at all. well done "Sixpistol"

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:57 PM
  • Thank you very much for sorting out what is one headache of a problem
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:44 PM
  • Vivian, thank you very much for your information on how to fix the problem.  I, like CEEBEE was having the exact problem and after following your instructions, my problem is fixed and my computer is running great!!!

Thanks again, you are the best,

Luis.

Sunday, February 4, 2007 1:48 AM
  • Thanks Vivian.  You have just stopped me from going mad.  You are an angel.
    Thursday, February 8, 2007 10:34 AM
  • Q&A my A page.

It may be found solution.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:37 PM
  •  ceebee wrote:

CEEBEE

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:11 PM
  •  ceebee wrote:

CEEBEE

Sunday, April 29, 2007 5:44 PM
  • Ever since upgrading to IE7 every thing is hosed on my PC WIndows XP

I cannot used Explore

I cannot connect to the internet (IE7 executeable) just keeps saying it has encountered a problem

I detinstall Norton thinking it was Norton

GAWD I am at my wits end.  I a very middleground PC literate so bear with me.  I could find any isntructions that worked...particularaly the one where soneone asks me to click start>Run>eventtvwr.msc....didn't even work...it abroted

HELP!

Stuck in Manhattan Beach

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:31 AM
  • Just want to know how to fix this computer so the message does not come up anymore???.

Thank you for the upcoming information.

Sincerely

Donna

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:56 PM
  •  

I too have this problem as many,many others do.Shame,shame on Microsoft for having this "VIRUS" born out of their own software.
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:22 PM
  •  

I too have this Microsoft created problem that they fail to address.
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:24 PM
  • Hi there Sixpistol,  They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  But my son keeps trying.  So, on his advice, I read your message and guess what, it took a while for me to find what I was looking for.  It worded fast and easy, so I have to thank you for taking the time to post your message.

Happy Grandma

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:45 PM