none
Visual Studio 2015 For SSIS - Script Task popping number of errors relevant to assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

We have recently installed VS 2015 for SSIS development, But unfortunately when I open new Integration Project and add any script task to dtsx package and try to build the edit script (Visual Basic 2015 )task component it gives number of  .net relevant errors as below, Please help asap.

1- 

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Collections.Immutable, Version=1.1.37.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ST_c072a6debe1c45e9b9f68a71619b1128 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core.targets 56

2- 

Error File name: 'System.Collections.Immutable, Version=1.1.37.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Collections.Immutable, Version=1.1.36.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ST_c072a6debe1c45e9b9f68a71619b1128 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core.targets 56

3- 

Error at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) ST_c072a6debe1c45e9b9f68a71619b1128 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core.targets 56

4- 

Error at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CommandLine.DesktopBuildClient.RunServerCompilationCore(RequestLanguage language, List`1 arguments, BuildPaths buildPaths, String pipeName, String keepAlive, String libEnvVariable, Nullable`1 timeoutOverride, Func`3 tryCreateServerFunc, CancellationToken cancellationToken) ST_c072a6debe1c45e9b9f68a71619b1128 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Core.targets 56

and lot many slimier issues , any help would be greatly appropriated.

Thanks, Shankar

New Thread has arrived

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Yang,

Thanks for your time.

I have not added any script , the default script was kept as it is and tried to build the solution, that was triggering the number of issues.

Fortunately updating the VS 2015 (Integrated) to update 3 has resolved the all issue and script is building fine now.

Just trying to investigate what has caused the issue before.  

Thanks

New Thread has arrived

• Marked as answer by shankarhs Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Hi Shankar, 

Could you please share the sample code in Script Task? And tell us the exact steps to reproduce this problem? 

Here is a similar thread, and it seems to be caused by assemblies conflicting with other applications:

SSIS Script Failing in VS2015

You can try to Repair/ reinstall VS2015, and see what will happen. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Shankar,

You probably added a reference to something the Script Editor (Script Host) cannot tolerate, namely, the 'System.Collections.Immutable' package.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:33 PM
  • Hi Shankar, 

Could you please share the sample code in Script Task? And tell us the exact steps to reproduce this problem? 

Here is a similar thread, and it seems to be caused by assemblies conflicting with other applications:

SSIS Script Failing in VS2015

You can try to Repair/ reinstall VS2015, and see what will happen. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Hi Arthur ,

Thanks for your time.

Nothing has been added , I have just dragged and dropped Script task component from SSIS tool box, Then Edit script , VB file opened , just saved the file without making any changes and started build.

The build was failed with the above mentioned errors.

Fortunately I have got the solution , I have updated the VS 2015 (Integrated) to Update 3 which was available it has internally resolved all issues. I am still investigating what caused the issue before update and how it has been resolved.

Thanks 

New Thread has arrived

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi Yang,

Thanks for your time.

I have not added any script , the default script was kept as it is and tried to build the solution, that was triggering the number of issues.

Fortunately updating the VS 2015 (Integrated) to update 3 has resolved the all issue and script is building fine now.

Just trying to investigate what has caused the issue before.  

Thanks

New Thread has arrived

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:23 AM
  • I am getting same build error even with new clean task in SSIS

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Collections.Immutable, Version=1.1.36.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

ST_d66f38883af3429fadd76532c1a497e9

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.CSharp.Core.targets

what is causing this error ?

thanks

Julia

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:12 PM
  • I am facing the same error as well.

Just dragging and dropping a script task works fine. But if I open it and just add a MessageBox.Show then it throws 26 errors.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:56 AM
  • Hi rudedevil09,

It is a very old thread.

I would  recommend to open a new post.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 1:27 PM